Subject: [Tsvwg] LS ready message in case of LPO and LSPO

From: Devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:33:18 +0530

Hi ...
According to draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-13.txt when LS PO END is received 
the receiving end will send a Ready message to the peer end and the peer 
end will respond with a Ready message.
Consider a case where in both sides are experiencing Local Processor 
Outage condition, and when the Outage ends at both the ends, Each of the 
sides sends LS PO End message to the other end.
On getting LS PO End message each of the end responds with a Ready message.
Now how does the receiving end know that the Ready message is to be 
responded with the Ready message OR not , because either side has 
already sent a Ready message in response to LS PO End and is waiting for 
 Ready message. Please suggest a solution.
In other words the case of collision of Ready message(after processor 
outage), how to handle in m2pa.

diagramatically

    MTP3                       m2pa                                     
    m2pa                              MTP3
               LPO End                    LSPO END                       
     
       | -------------------->|------------------------------->|         
                              |
       |                                 |                              
                   |                                       |
       |                                 |            Ready              
             |                                       |
       |                                 
|<-------------------------------|                                       |
       |
       |                                          LSPO END               
                  LPO End
       |                                 
|<-------------------------------|<------------------------|

       |                                  |             Ready           
               |
       |                                 
 |------------------------------->|                                      |
       |                                  |                             
                    |
                                          |             Ready           
               |
                                          |<-------------------------------|
       |                                  |              Ready           
              |
                                          |------------------------------->|

regards,
devayya

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:10:23 -0600

Devayya,

SIGTRAN question not TSVWG question.  See my answer on SIGTRAN.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦