Subject: [Tsvwg] <draft-ietf-tsvwg-service-classes-01.txt> related work

From: "LEVIS Pierre RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:04:44 +0200

<draft-ietf-tsvwg-service-classes-01.txt> notices in its introduction:
"Since the applications'/services' characteristics and required
performance are end to end, the service class notion needs to be
preserved end to end." 

I'd like to draw your attention on our draft that tackles this very
issue from an inter-domain perspective. 
We introduce the concept of Meta-QoS-Class (MQC). An MQC is a very
simple notion that can be loosely defined as a label associated with a
set of applications that bear similar network QoS requirements.  It can
be put on any service class implementation suited to convey packets from
this type of applications. It is a means to certify that this service
class is suitable for the traffic of this application.
MQC relaxes the complexity of inter-domain QoS handling (especially
provider to provider agreements). 
MQC significantly helps build coherent QoS paths across different
domains.

I hope our work could be useful for this tsvwg item. If I may, I invite
you to read and comment on our proposal:

	Title		: The Meta-QoS-Class concept
	Author(s)	: P. Levis, M. Boucadair
	Filename	: draft-levis-meta-qos-class-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-6-30
	
   This document describes a framework for inter-domain Quality of
   Service (QoS).  It makes use of a new concept denoted by Meta-QoS-
   Class.  This new concept guides and simplifies QoS agreements between
   providers and opens up new perspectives for a global QoS-enabled
   Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levis-meta-qos-class-00.txt

Best Regards

Pierre Levis
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg