Subject: [Tsvwg] Status Update on ECN for Real Time Traffic drafts

From: "Kwok-Ho Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:19:27 -0500

Update to TSVWG on the status and differences of the submitted drafts 
on ECN Field
for Real Time traffic topic:

We have been working together on the front of using the ECN Field for 
Real Time traffic.
We have submitted the following drafts:

1. 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-01.txt
     Provides a Framework for the usage of ECN Field for Real Time 
traffic in an Edge-to-Edge scenario.

2. http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-rsvp-ecn-00.txt
     Provides an Extension to RSVP for use as signaling in the 
Edge-to-Edge scenario.

3. http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-babiarz-tsvwg-rtecn-05.txt
     Provides incremental addition of Framework on the usage of ECN Field for
     Real Time traffic in an End-to-End scenario.

Please notice that both the Edge-to-Edge (cl-architecture) and 
End-to-End (rtecn) Framework,
and http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-phb-00.txt
contains information on how marking of the ECN field is done for Real 
Time traffic.
But these are still work in progress and not finalized.
We are working toward a common Marking method that can be used for 
both Edge-to-Edge and
End-to-End scenarios.

We welcome all comments on these drafts and the topic in general.
We will be in Vancouver IETF if face to face discussion is preferred.

Thanks!

Philip Eardley
Bob Briscoe
Francois Le Faucheur
Anna Charny
Joe Babiarz
Kwok Ho Chan

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg