Subject: [Tsvwg] Drafts on "Admission Control over DiffServ using Pre-Congestion Notification"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:36:18 -0000

We've submitted a couple of drafts, which we'd very much appreciate your
comments and feedback on, and which we will -  tsvwg agenda permitting -
discuss in Vancouver. They're about "Admission Control over DiffServ
using Pre-Congestion Notification":

-         a framework (architecture & use case)

-         RSVP extensions necessary for the framework.

Here are their abstracts & links to them

A Framework for Admission Control over DiffServ using Pre-Congestion
Notification
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture-
01.txt 

Abstract 

This document describes a framework to achieve an end-to-end Controlled
Load (CL) service without the scalability problems of previous
approaches. Flow admission control and if necessary flow pre-emption
preserve the CL service to admitted flows. But interior routers within a
large DiffServ-based region of the Internet do not require flow state or
signalling. They only have to give early warning of their own congestion
by bulk packet marking using a new pre-congestion notification
behaviour. Gateways around the edges of the region convert measurements
of this packet granularity marking into admission control and
pre-emption functions at flow granularity.

RSVP Extensions for Admission Control over Diffserv using Pre-congestion
Notification

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-rsvp-ecn-00.txt 

Abstract 

This document specifies the extensions to RSVP for support of the
Controlled Load (CL) service over a Diffserv cloud using Pre-Congestion
Notification as defined in [CL-ARCH].

Best wishes,

Joe Babiarz

Bob Briscoe

Kwok Chan

Anna Charny

Philip Eardley

Francois Le Faucheur

Dave Songhurst

BT Group plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 4190816   This electronic message
contains information from BT Group plc which may be privileged or
confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email
(to the numbers or address above) immediately. Activity and use of the
BT Group plc E-mail system is monitored to secure its effective
operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using
this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure
effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. 

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg