Subject: [Tsvwg] About DCCP and QoS support

From: Emmanuel Lochin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:51:25 +1100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title		: Guaranteed TCP Friendly Rate Control (gTFRC) for DiffServ/AF Network
Author(s)	: E. Lochin, L. Dairaine
Filename	: draft-lochin-ietf-tsvwg-gtfrc-00.txt
Pages		: 10
Date		: 2005-11-7
	
   This memo introduces gTFRC, a TCP-Friendly Rate Control providing
   throughput guarantee over the DiffServ/AF class. gTFRC is largely
   based on TFRC [2].  It provides a mean to take into account the
   quality of service negotiated with the network.  As a result, the
   mechanism is able to reach a minimum throughput guarantee whatever
   the flow's RTT and target rate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lochin-ietf-tsvwg-gtfrc-00.txt

The gTFRC mechanism can be used in the DCCP protocol CCID3.

Regards

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Lochin      http://lochin.new.fr/      [email-masked]
Networks and Pervasive Computing Research Program
National ICT Australia Ltd
Locked Bag 9013, Alexandria, NSW 1435
Australia
---
"This email and any attachments are confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy, use
or disclose them without authorisation.  If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages.  We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment.  This notice should not be removed"

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg