Subject: RE: [Dcpel] Re: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-service-classes -01WGLC

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:20:27 -0500

Hi, all:

I agree with Fred for some of the points that he mentioned.

I also like to add another angle. When we consider DiffServ standards, it
reflects the true characteristics of the Internet from QoS point of view.
That is, there is no concept of centralized control and is scalable
considering the global Internet.

So, whatever we do for the next step in DiffServ, let us keep this
perspective from end-to-end QoS point-of-view.

It is not that we cannot provide QoS over the IP network. For example,
IntServ RSVP is the prime example. Hope that we are NOT looking for
something that limits the use of DiffServ over the global Internet.

Am I missing something?

Best regards,

Radhika

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg