Subject: [Tsvwg] Protocol Action: 'A Resource Reservation Protocol Extension for the Reduction of Bandwidth of a Reservation Flow' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:59:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Resource Reservation Protocol Extension for the Reduction of Bandwidth of 
   a Reservation Flow '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-bw-reduction-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-bw-reduction-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document proposes an extension to the Resource Reservation
   Protocol (RSVPv1) to reduce the guaranteed bandwidth allocated to an
   existing reservation.  This mechanism can be used to affect
   individual reservations, aggregate reservations or other forms of
   RSVP tunnels.  The document contains a number of examples of
   the motivation for the extension.

Working Group Summary
 
   The working group conducted a review and did not find any 
   controversy on this document.  

Protocol Quality
 
   A review was also provided by Joel Halpern of the General Area
   Directorate (GEN-ART).  Allison Mankin reviewed for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor
 
 In the Security Considerations, replace 'rouge' with 'rogue'

 Throughout, replace IPSec with IPsec

 Abstract

 Please add this sentence to the end of the abstract:

  This specification is an extension of RFC 2205.

IANA Note

  The new error code sub value is to be registered in the RSVP
  Parameters Registry under Error Code 2 Policy Control Failure

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg