Subject: [Tsvwg] New I-D: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-border-cheat-00.txt

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:11:18 +0000

TSVWG,

Announcing upload to internet-drafts:

Title: Emulating Border Flow Policing using Re-ECN on Bulk Data
<www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-border-cheat-00.txt>

Those of you who have been following the work we've been doing admission 
control over Diffserv using pre-congestion notification will know we claim 
it has the potential to scale admission control to any size network. This 
I-D explains how to scale to any size /internetwork/, where all the 
networks and users want to protect themselves from others acting in their 
own self-interest.

I know some people haven't been so interested in this work up until now, 
because it was only applicable to closed environments. This I-D makes it 
applicable to the Internet as a whole.

As promised in the mail I just sent, this I-D can be thought of as the spec 
of a second feedback transport for the re-ECN protocol (the first was TCP).

Altho this is an initial draft, it's 41pp. The pages will just fly by. We 
need people to try to break this proposal - let us know if you do, cc the list.

Cheers

Bob

____________________________________________________________________________
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not 
necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of BT plc.
____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                           Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196 

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:17:07 +0000

TSVWG,

Sorry, I meant to say...

Since posting draft-00 last week, I noticed I had missed out the word "NOT" 
from a key sentence and some other confusing sentences. So I have already 
prepared an early version of draft-01 and will post it straight after 
Dallas once the gates for I-D uploads open again (including any changes 
that might arise from comments between now and then).

For now, I'd rather you read the corrected version via:
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/pubs.html#repcn>

Cheers

Bob

>Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:11:18 +0000
>To: tsvwg <[email-masked]>
>From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
>Subject: New I-D: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-border-cheat-00.txt
>Bcc: [email-masked]
>
>TSVWG,
>
>As promised in the mail I just sent, this I-D can be thought of as the 
>spec of a second feedback transport for the re-ECN protocol (the first was 
>TCP).
>

____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe, <[email-masked]>      Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196