Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-mlpp-that-works-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Implementing an Emergency Telecommunications Service for Real Time Services in the Internet Protocol Suite
	Author(s)	: F. Baker, J. Polk
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-mlpp-that-works-04.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2006-3-2
	
RFCs 3689 and 3690 detail requirements for an Emergency
Telecommunications Service (ETS), of which an Internet Emergency
Preparedness Service (IEPS) would be a part.  Some of these types of
services require call preemption; others call for call queuing or
other mechanisms.  IEPS requires a Call Admission Control (CAC)
procedure and a Per Hop Behavior for the data which meet the needs of
this architecture.  Such a CAC procedure and PHB is appropriate to
any service that might use H.323 or SIP to set up real time sessions.
The key requirement is to guarantee an elevated probability of call
completion to an authorized user in time of crisis.

This document primarily discusses supporting ETS in the context of
the US Government and NATO, because it focuses on the MLPP and GETS
standards.  The architectures described here are applicable beyond
these organizations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-mlpp-that-works-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-mlpp-that-works-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-mlpp-that-works-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg