Subject: [Tsvwg] Updated I-D: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-01.txt

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:11:08 +0000

TSVWG,

Announcing upload to internet-drafts:

Title: Re-ECN: Adding Accountability for Causing Congestion to TCP/IP
<www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-01.txt>

This is the proposal to change the Internet's feedback architecture to be 
able to police current and new congestion ctrl, DDoS, etc (doesn't require 
mods to routers). It now includes support for the "state set-up bit" 
proposed by Dave Clark & Mark Handley, although to save space in the IP 
header, we've made it a "soft-state setup codepoint". As in draft-01, we 
propose using the last reserved bit in the IPv4 header.

It includes the protocol for IP and a full spec for TCP as the transport. 
An example of use with another transport is in the I-D announced next mail.

Since posting before Vancouver, and in response to Sally Floyd's detailed 
comments, we've worked out a new encoding scheme. I've also added nearly 
all the text that was TBA in the draft-00, so hopefully it will all make 
sense now. It's grown from 27pp to a whopping 65pp. A cracking read. Pls 
see if you can break it and tell us and the list how you did it.

Cheers

Bob

____________________________________________________________________________
Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not 
necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of BT plc.
____________________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                           Networks Research Centre, BT Research
B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196 

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg