Subject: [Tsvwg] Feedback to the questions on LRSVP

From: Jukka MJ Manner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:27:41 +0200 (EET)

Hi Francois and Bob,

To Francois, I know about the dormant "RSVP Proxy" work. The problem I see
with it, how does the proxy know when to make a reservation for an
incoming flow? Sure, the Localized RSVP could work in such a default
scheme, too, i.e., the proxy could send a Path (with LI-bit set) when
packets of a given stream arrive from the Internet to the proxy. In
addition, the end-host could also ask the proxy to make a reservation, 
using the PathRequest message.

To Bob, about sending the messages e2e, the problem we are trying to 
solve, is related to deployment: if Internet servers, and their networks 
do not talk RSVP, then you can't make a reservation. Besides, would web 
servers really want to set up resource reservations for each client? How I 
see it, is that local access networks are usually the bottleneck, and also 
would be a more natural place for asking for explicit resources (in terms 
of management, inter-working, and charging/business model).

regards,
Jukka

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg