Subject: [Tsvwg] question to draft-karagiannis-ru-pdb-01

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:50:57 +0100

hi,

i just had a quick read at this doc. two small questions:
- why you need a PDB RU (at all). there could be measurement based 
admission control as proposed in other works before already. what makes 
the difference?
- does you need signaling in order to allow it to function?

thanks,
xiaoming

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:24:53 +0100 (MET)

Hi Xiaoming

Sorry for being vague on the description of the scope of the RU-PDB draft.
The main scope of this PDB is to provide the possibility to a node that
is outside a Diffserv cloud(s) to receive information about the lack of
bandwidth resources within the Diffserv cloud(s). The way of how this
information is collected is outside the scope of the draft. It was
actually not meant to include the marking example into the draft.

A next version of the draft will be rewritten to cover the above given
observations.

Furthermore, this PDB in its operation will not require any signaling.
Thus it can be seen as a signaling agnostic PDB.

Best Regards,
Georgios

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:05:24 -0600

>Thus it can be seen as a signaling agnostic PDB.

this overall, but perhaps general framework/operation, is covered/written 
somewhere, right?