Subject: [Tsvwg] discussion about draft-watson-tsvwg-fec-sf-00.txt

From: "Glenn Hirschowitz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:13:16 -0700

It appeared in this draft dated July of 2005, that there was some push
to flesh out FEC oti parameter passing for streaming. However, the
momentum behind this draft seems to have waned. I was wondering if this
thread is still alive because I wish to pass FEC implementation specific
information from sender to receiver for streaming. Could you please let
me know where things stand, and if there some new documents where I
might find them?

Thanks,

Glenn Hirschowitz

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:23:42 +0200

Hi Glenn,

This has indeed gone forward. There is this week an ongoing IETF review 
of the proposal to form a new WG (FECFrame).
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg02415.html

There is also a mailing list:
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe

I would also like to comment that this work takes a wider scope than 
just the OTI information.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:09:08 -0400

Hello;

This draft is now under consideration by the FecFrame BOF, which  
hopes to become a WG in short order.
You might want to join the FecFrame mailing list

and you might want to comment on the new charter

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/ 
msg02415.html

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

On Apr 14, 2006, at 7:13 PM, Glenn Hirschowitz wrote:

> It appeared in this draft dated July of 2005, that there was some  
> push to flesh out FEC oti parameter passing for streaming. However,  
> the momentum behind this draft seems to have waned. I was wondering  
> if this thread is still alive because I wish to pass FEC  
> implementation specific information from sender to receiver for  
> streaming. Could you please let me know where things stand, and if  
> there some new documents where I might find them?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Glenn Hirschowitz
>
>