Subject: [Tsvwg] multi-home intial align

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:46:23 +0530

Hi ,

I have question on multi-home alignement.
If we receive INIT from a primary IP address and the COOKIE ECHO on 
secondary IP address should we accept this COOKIE ECHO.? If so, do we 
consider these two packets belong to same association or different 
associations?  Because according rfc 2960 COOKIE ECHO can be the first 
chunk for a association.

Consider a case where endpoint A is not multi-homed with IP address 
30.30.30.30, and endpoint B is multi-homed with IP addresses 10.10.10.10 
and 20.20.20.20.

For complete picture consider the following,

| end point A |           <---------INIT---------                | 
endpoint B | from Ip addresses 10.10.10.10(primary)
                                                                                                                                        
20.20.20.20(secondary)
| endpoint A |            --------INIT ACK-------->          |end point 
B| source IP 30.30.30.30 and destination 10.10.10.10

| endpoint A |            <------COOKIE ECHO ---          | endpoint B 
|  from Ip address 20.20.20.20

|endpoint A |               ------??? COOKIE ECHO--->   |endpoint B|

|endpoint A|                ----- ???? HB ---------------->    | endpoint B|

Also, please note that, in our implementation the path initialization 
for all the paths are done after the COOKIE ECHO and COOKIE ACK are 
exchanged between two endpoints.

Best regards,
devayya