Subject: [Tsvwg] multi-home intial align

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:30:11 +0530

I am resending the mail.

Hi ,

I have question on multi-home alignement.
If we receive INIT from a primary IP address and the COOKIE ECHO on
secondary IP address should we accept this COOKIE ECHO.? If so, do we
consider these two packets belong to same association or different
associations?  Because according rfc 2960 COOKIE ECHO can be the first
chunk for a association.

Consider a case where endpoint A is not multi-homed with IP address
30.30.30.30, and endpoint B is multi-homed with IP addresses 10.10.10.10
and 20.20.20.20.

For complete picture consider the following,

| end point A |      <---------INIT---------    |endpoint B| from
                                                 add 
10.10.10.10(primary) 

                                                 20.20.20.20(secondary)
| endpoint A |       --------INIT ACK-------->   |end pointB| source
                                                  IP 30.30.30.30 and
                                                  destn 10.10.10.10

| endpoint A |       <------COOKIE ECHO ---      |endpoint B|  from
                                                   Ip address 20.20.20.20

|endpoint A |        ------??? COOKIE ECHO--->   |endpoint B|

|endpoint A|        ----- ???? HB ---------------->    | endpoint B|

Also, please note that, in our implementation the path initialization
for all the paths are done after the COOKIE ECHO and COOKIE ACK are
exchanged between two endpoints.

Best regards,
devayya