Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-06.txt finally submitted to internet-drafts editor

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:02:10 -0700

In email on 9/8/06, I said that I had submitted
draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-06.txt to the internet-drafts editor.
However, I turns out that I never actually submitted it.
So I finally submitted it today.

It contains the revisions in response to the AD feedback from
Lars that I reported earlier, and now it contains a new section
discussing congestion from ack traffic on the reverse path.
My own view would be that this doesn't require a new pass
through Working Group Last Call, but that the draft is
still where it was, ready for IESG Last Call, but Lars can see
what he thinks. The full set of changes in this draft is listed
at the end of the email message.

The submitted draft is available from:
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-06.txt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-06.ps

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

      Changes from draft-ietf-tsvwg-quickstart-05:

      * Minor editing in response to AD feedback from
        Lars Eggert.
        This includes changing one "should" to "SHOULD",
        and changing formating of the IANA Considerations
        section.

      * Clarifying in the Introduction that the QS router
        does not give preferential treatment to QS packets.
        In response to email from Fil Dickinson.

      * Added a discussion of interactions between
        Quick-Start and draft-ietf-pmtud-method.  In
        response to AD Feedback from Lars Eggert.

      * Deleted Appendix F on "Feedback from Bob Briscoe".
        From AD feedback about deleting unnecessary
        appendices.

      * Added a paragraph to the Introduction about which
        sections contain normative references, and which
        sections are general discussion.  From AD feedback.

      * Added a discussion about congestion control for
        TCP's reverse-path traffic.  From feedback from
        Mitchell Erblich.