Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4594 on Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service Classes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:11:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4594

        Title:      Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service 
                    Classes 
        Author:     J. Babiarz, K. Chan,
                    F. Baker
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 144044
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-service-classes-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4594.txt

This document describes service classes configured with Diffserv and
recommends how they can be used and how to construct them using
Differentiated Services Code Points (DSCPs), traffic conditioners,
Per-Hop Behaviors (PHBs), and Active Queue Management (AQM)
mechanisms.  There is no intrinsic requirement that particular DSCPs, 
traffic conditioners, PHBs, and AQM be used for a certain service class, 
but as a policy and for interoperability it is useful to apply them
consistently.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...