Subject: [Tsvwg] assoc max retransmission

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:47:41 +0530

Hi,

The association Max retransmission count is set to 3 and Path max 
retransmission count is set to 3.
Assoc error count = 0.
Now, Please consider the following sequence.

Endpoint  
A                                                                    
Endpoint B

              ----------HB----------------------------->(Heartbeat not 
ACKed)

              ----DATA(TSN = 617 and 618(bundled)) --->(No SACK recived 
for this)

              ----DATA(TSN = 617 and 618) ------->(retransmitted)
              (Assoc error count is 1 and path retransmission count is 1)

             ----DATA(TSN=619) ----------------->( new DATA, no SACK 
received )

             ----DATA(TSN = 617, 618 and 619)--->(No SACK recived for this)
                 (Assoc error count is 2 and path retransmission count is 2)

             (Path Idle timer expiry for HB, so Assoc error count is 3, 
so close the association)

              -----------INIT----------------------------->

Is this the correct sequence. or should we retransmit the DATA with TSN 
617 and 618 one more time before close the association.
Please clarify!!!

Thanks and regards,
devayya

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:50:23 -0600

devayya,

devayya wrote:                                      (Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:47:41)
>    Is  this  the  correct sequence. or should we retransmit the DATA with
>    TSN 617 and 618 one more time before close the association.
>    Please clarify!!!

I would say it is the correct sequence, but,
what does it matter?  The peer is not responding.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/