Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-padding-00.txt

From: Matthew J Zekauskas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:53:19 -0400

[Caveat:  I'm not a SCTP expert, and I have a vested interest in having
this published to help out the new pmtud method document...]

Michael, and others:

I finally looked at this in detail (not that it was all that hard ;),
and have the following comments, all nits:

The Abstract and Introduction are rather terse.  How about:

   This document defines a padding chunk and a padding parameter and
   describes the required receiver side procedures.  The padding chunk
   is used to pad an SCTP packet to an arbitrary size.  The padding
   parameter is used to pad an SCTP INIT chunk to an arbitrary size.

and then adding the extra sentence "can be used for path MTU discovery"
in the Intro.

The last sentence of section 3 is missing a period.

Section 5 is also rather terse, and would hopefully pass a security
review...   I might have phrased it slightly differently:

    This document does not add any additional security considerations
    in addition to the ones given in RFC2960 [1].

With these few fixes (and probably even without them) I think the
document is ready for last call.

--Matt [Z]

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:22:53 +0200

Hi Matt,

thank you very much for your comments!

I like them all and they will be in the next rev of the document.
There will also be an updated IANA section to make James (and IANA
of course) happy.

Best regards
Michael