Subject: [Tsvwg] Comments on Ru PDB draft

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:01:39 +0200

Hi,

I browsed through your draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karagiannis-ru-pdb-02.txt

Here are my comments.
* What does TCS stand for?
* I found the draft difficult to understand although the contents is
actually simple: interior mark packets if the current link rate exceeds some
pre-configured threshold and the proportion of the marked packets is in
proportion to the excess traffic above this threshold
* This amount of the marked packets may be scaled by a factor N=10, e.g. 
to make an excess rate of 5% more visible by marking 50% of the packets.
* Classify: I dont't know which virtual queue you are referring to. In any
case, packets should not be sent to a different queue where they can expect
longer delay to avoid packet reordering.
* If N>1 is used, marked packets should not be treated differently,
otherwise also in-profile traffic is violated.
* Classify: I don't understand what you want to say by this paragraph.

Typos:
* of the receiving marked bytes -> received marked bytes
* addres -> address
* that the actually change -> actual change
* one pre configured -> one pre-configured
* a relative high level -> a relatively high level

Best wishes,

    Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn