Subject: [Tsvwg] New draft: draft-renker-tsvwg-udplite-mib-00.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:33:51 +0100

Dear tsvwg'ers,

We have submitted a new draft "MIB for the UDP-Lite protocol", and would 
  like feedback and comments from this WG. This document is based on the 
UDP MIB, and follows what we hope to see introduced into the Linux 
release to support the UDP-Lite transport.  We'd welcome inputs from 
anyone who has experience on this topic, or who has been using UDP-Lite.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-renker-tsvwg-udplite-mib-00.txt

Our plan is to ask for this document to be adopted by the transport area 
working group.

Best wishes,

Gorry & Gerrit

---

Abstract:

This document specifies a Management Information Base (MIB) for the
Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite, RFC 3828).  It defines
a set of new MIB entities to characterise the behaviour and
performance of the transport layer entities using UDP-Lite.  UDP-Lite
resembles UDP (RFC 768), but differs from the semantics of UDP by the
addition a single (socket) option.  This adds the capability for
variable-length data checksum coverage that can benefit a class of
applications which prefer delivery of corrupted datagram payload data
in preference to discarding the datagram.

---