Subject: [Tsvwg] Updated Resource Unavailability PDB draft (draft-karagiannis-ru-pdb-03.txt)

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:09:08 +0200

Hi all

Please note that based on the comments that we received so 
far on the tsvwg maailing list we updated the 03 version 
of the draft:
"Resource Unavailability (RU) Per Domain Behavior (PDB)".

The draft can be located at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karagiannis-ru-pdb-03.txt

We would very much appreciate to receive more comments on 
this version of the draft.

Below you can find the abstract of the draft.

Abstract
This draft specifies a Per Domain Behavior that provides the ability 
   to Diffserv nodes located outside Diffserv domain(s), e.g., receiver 
   or other Diffserv enabled router to detect when the resources 
   provided by the Diffserv domain(s) are not available. The 
   unavailability of resources in the domain is monitored and detected 
   by proportionally marking packets whenever the current link rate 
   exceeds some pre-configured SLS agreed throughput (bandwidth) 
   threshold. It is considered that the SLS agreed throughput threshold 
   is not statically but loosely defined in order to allow a more 
   efficient utilization of the Diffserv domain(s) and a simpler network
   management operation. This PDB can be applied in association with 
   either a single Diffserv domain or multiple neighboring Diffserv 
   domains, when a trust relationship exist between these multiple 
   Diffserv domains. This specification is denoted as Resource 
   Unavailability (RU) PDB and it follows the guidelines given in 
   [RFC3086].
 
Best Regards,
Georgios