Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes
	Author(s)	: K. Chan, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2006-10-22
	
In the core of a high capacity network, service differentiation is
   still needed to support applications' utilization of the network.
   Applications with similar traffic characteristics and performance
   requirements are mapped into diffserv service classes based on end-
   to-end behavior requirements of the applications as indicated by
   Diffserv Service Classes [5].  However, some network segments may be
   configured in such a way that a single forwarding treatment may
   satisfy the traffic characteristics and performance requirements of
   two or more service classes.  In these cases, it may be desirable to
   aggregate two or more Diffserv Service Classes [5] into a single
   forwarding treatment.  This document provides guidelines for the
   aggregation of Diffserv Service Classes [5] into forwarding
   treatments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-class-aggr-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.