Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-auth-05.txt

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:49:59 +0200

Dear all,

I just submitted draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-auth-05.txt which adresses
the comments received from the ADs.

I hope that I did not forget anything, so please double check.

The changes include:
- More precise text parameter fields in section 3.
- MD-5 removed from the list of supported message digest algorithms.
- SHA-256 added to the list of supported message digest algorithms.
- Requiring RFC 2104 (the H-MAC one) using MUST.
- Replaced TCB by STCB and added a definition of STCB.
- Added text to describe what is gained when authenticating COOKIE-ECHO
   and ABORT chunks.
- Added text clarifying the issues with the upper layer intervention
   which processing an COOKIE-ECHO, AUTH, DATA packet in section 7.
- Added a description of required actions for registering new HMAC
   algorithm identifiers.
- Clarified in the security considerations the situation when no
   endpoint pair shared keys are used.
- Added text in the security considerations describing that the
   weakest algorithm can be chosen.
- Added text in the security considerations describing the consequences
   of an attacker changing the CHUNKS parameter during setup.
- Requiring that the length the the random numbers exchanged is 32 byte.
- The association shared key now also depends on the list of chunks
   and the list of HMAC identifiers exchanged during the association
   setup.
- Added text in the security considerations describing the consequences
   of using the NULL key and non-NULL keys.
- The IANA section will not be removed during publication.

If I forgot anything, please bring it up to the list and I will
incorporate it in the ID.

Thank you very much for the comments.

Best regards
Michael