Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-02

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:17:36 -0600

RFC 2960 contains:

8.  Fault Management

8.1 Endpoint Failure Detection

   An endpoint shall keep a counter on the total number of consecutive
   retransmissions to its peer (including retransmissions to all the
   destination transport addresses of the peer if it is multi-homed).
   If the value of this counter exceeds the limit indicated in the
   protocol parameter 'Association.Max.Retrans', the endpoint shall
   consider the peer endpoint unreachable and shall stop transmitting
   any more data to it (and thus the association enters the CLOSED
   state).  In addition, the endpoint shall report the failure to the
   upper layer, and optionally report back all outstanding user data
   remaining in its outbound queue. The association is automatically
   closed when the peer endpoint becomes unreachable.

   The counter shall be reset each time a DATA chunk sent to that peer
   endpoint is acknowledged (by the reception of a SACK), or a
   HEARTBEAT-ACK is received from the peer endpoint.

2960bis does not:

8.  Fault Management

8.1.  Endpoint Failure Detection

   The counter shall be reset each time a DATA chunk sent to that peer
   endpoint is acknowledged (by the reception of a SACK), or a
   HEARTBEAT-ACK is received from the peer endpoint.

I don't believe that this was intentional.  It is not mentioned in RFC
4460.  Please reinsert the missing paragraph.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:59:51 -0400

Brian:

Good catch... I thought I had fixed this... originally it was
a missing set of <t> </t> in the XML.. I can
see the text in the .xml file.. but it did not generate..

I will have to play with this and see why its not printing :-0

R

-- 
Randall Stewart
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222(cell)