Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] WGLC for draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-02 starts NOW

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:04:08 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Tuexen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Could you explain what information regarding manageability 
> and operational considerations for SCTP you need? What do you 
> need for TCP, for example?
> >

If you are taking the analogy with TCP as an example - TCP has a MIB
module and an extensions MIB module defined. Do you believe that a
similar MIB module needs to be defined for SCTP? If not, how would the
hosts be monitored and how they would be configured (protocol, info and
data model)? 

Dan

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:08:42 -0700

Dan,

You obviously did not look at the list of RFCs I provided you,
namely RFC 3873:

3873 Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Management
     Information Base (MIB). J. Pastor, M. Belinchon. September 2004.
     (Format: TXT=82403 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

--brian

Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:                     (Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:04:08)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:19:12 +0100

Hi Dan,

there is a MIB document for SCTP: RFC 3873. So do you think
more is needed?

Best regards
Michael