Subject: [Tsvwg] HEADS UP: agenda requests for San Diego

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:46:09 +0200

TSVWG is - currently - scheduled for:

	MONDAY, July 10, 2006
	0900-1130 Morning Session I

Please send agenda requests to [email-masked].

Thanks,
Lars
-- 
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:18:02 +0200

> Please send agenda requests to [email-masked].

Yep, above was the slot for IETF-66. We are in these slots in San Diego:

	TUESDAY, November 7, 2006
	1520-1720 Afternoon Session II
	1740-1840 Afternoon Session III

Sorry for the confusion.

Lars

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:43:13 +0200

And to clarify even further. This is the draft agenda. Do not plan your 
travel based on this, changes may occur up until the final agenda is 
available.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:46:34 +0100

Lars, Magnus, James,

Concerning re-ECN...

I'd like 10mins on draft-briscoe-tsvwg-re-ecn-tcp-03.txt (to be uploaded soon)

Aim: To clarify the position of re-ECN wrt the ECN nonce, explaining the 
response I gave to Sally on the list. Also we have some deltas to the draft 
to explain.

I have another request for an agenda slot, but I think it is more 
appropriate for TSV-AREA, so I will post a second request to two of you as 
chairs of that group, cc'd to that list. One aim will be to answer Aaron 
Falk's question: "What are you trying to achieve architecturally with 
re-ECN?" But it is much wider than just re-ECN. Do you agree this second 
talk should be TSV-AREA?

Bob

>____________________________________________________________________________
>Notice: This contribution is the personal view of the author and does not 
>necessarily reflect the technical nor commercial direction of BT plc.
>____________________________________________________________________________
>Bob Briscoe,                           Networks Research Centre, BT Research
>B54/77 Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich,IP5 3RE,UK.    +44 1473 645196

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:18:33 -0400

Stupid question - should re-ECN be part of the PCN BOF?

More to the point, it would be easier to deal with this set
of issues if there was a single point of focus among PCN,
TSVWG and TSVAREA, although the latter is a fine place to
expose topics being worked on elsewhere.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Briscoe [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:47 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: tsvwg
> Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Re: HEADS UP: agenda requests for San Diego
> 
> Lars, Magnus, James,
> 
> Concerning re-ECN...
>

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:51:11 +0200

Lars, Magnus, James,

Could we also get a slot in TSVWG in San Diego to present on:

	*  "PCN Using Single Marking for Admission and Pre-emption", draft- 
charny-pcn-single-marking-00.txt

Note that we were thinking of presenting this under the PCN BOF, but  
they want to focus the BOF discussion on pure BOF/WG things and not  
take on any new technical content. So I assume the new technical work  
on PCN is to remain under TSVWG until it can be handed over somewhere  
else.

Thanks

Francois

---

From: "Pat Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:49:20 -0700

Lars, Magnus, James,

At the July IEEE 802.1 meeting regarding Congestion Management, we
received an informal request to coordinate with TSVWG regarding
interactions between layer 2 congestion control and transport congestion
control. It was suggested that we request some time on the transport
area agenda to discuss the IEEE 802.1Qau project on congestion
notification.   

For those who would like information on our work before November, the
tutorial we gave on our project (Tutorial #2 of the July 17-21 IEEE 802
session) can be found at:
http://ieee802.org/802_tutorials/index.htm

The web page for the project is:
http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/802.1au.html

Regards,
Pat Thaler
IEEE 802.1 Congestion Management Chair and IEEE 802 Vice-Chair

---

From: Janet P Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:03:07 -0400

I think you meant
Tuesday November 7  Afternoon I and Afternoon II

Janet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in
delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to
bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail
for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Lars Eggert                                                   
             <lars.eggert@netl                                             
             ab.nec.de>                                                 To 
                                       tsvwg <[email-masked]>              
             10/04/2006 07:46                                           cc 
             AM                        [email-masked]         
                                                                   Subject 
                                       [Tsvwg] HEADS UP: agenda requests   
                                       for San Diego                       

                                                                           

             MONDAY, July 10, 2006

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:14:29 +0900

Hi,

On Oct 14, 2006, at 1:51, Francois Le Faucheur wrote:
> Note that we were thinking of presenting this under the PCN BOF,  
> but they want to focus the BOF discussion on pure BOF/WG things and  
> not take on any new technical content. So I assume the new  
> technical work on PCN is to remain under TSVWG until it can be  
> handed over somewhere else.

I don't think it would be useful to fragment the discussion on PCN by  
having PCN-related technical presentations at TSVWG or any session  
other than the PCN BOF. If the PCN organizers feel that this draft is  
on a technical topic that is not in scope for the BOF, that is their  
decision to make.

If the outcome of the PCN BOF is that a WG will form, then PCN- 
related work such as this draft needs to be proposed to the then- 
chartered WG. If no PCN WG will form, it is unlikely that TSVWG would  
recharter to become a permanent home for PCN-related work.

(I also note that this draft is not yet available in the repository.)

Lars