Subject: [Tsvwg] Moving ahead on RSVP Proxy WG Document(s)

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:18:02 +0100

Hello,

On 7 Dec 2006, at 15:31, Lars Eggert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> based on the poll in San Diego and the recent mailing list  
> confirmation, we're ready to take this on as a WG item in TSVWG  
> going for PS.
>

So, just to recap and request for feed-back:

	* we had agreed to take draft-lefaucheur-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy as a WG doc
	
	* However, that document currently mixes informational stuff (most  
of the doc) and a bit of protocol stuff

	* Hence, as discussed in San Diego, the authors are proposing to  
split its content into two documents:
		1) one containing the informational stuff. This would go under  
Informational Track and could presumably progress fairly fast.
		2) one containing the protocol stuff for the "simpler" Proxy  
scenarios. This would go under Standards Track. This would NOT  
incorporate the relatively more significant protocol extensions  
discussed in draft-manner-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-sig-00.txt.

	* and we are proposing that these two resulting documents be taken  
as Working Group documents.

Does anyone have concerns/comments on splitting draft-lefaucheur- 
tsvwg-rsvp-proxy into two documents?
Does anyone has concerns/comments on issuing the two resulting  
documents as WG documents?

Please respond within a couple of weeks, as we'd like to start the  
corresponding editing work after that.

Thanks

Francois