Subject: [Tsvwg] [Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Padding Chunk and Parameter for SCTP' to Proposed Standard]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:55:17 +0100

FYI

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Protocol Action: 'Padding Chunk and Parameter for SCTP' to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, tsvwg chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:31:50 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Padding Chunk and Parameter for SCTP '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-padding-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-padding-02.txt

 Technical Summary
 
This document defines a padding chunk and a padding parameter and
describes the required receiver side procedures. The main purpose of the
padding chunk and parameter are for path-MTU discovery.

 Working Group Summary
 
There is strong consensus in the WG to publish this document. It has been
reviewed by several people in the WG last call.

 Protocol Quality
 
James Polk was the PROTO Document Shepherd for this document. Lars Eggert
reviewed this document for the iESG.