Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4804 on Aggregation of Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Reservations over MPLS TE/DS-TE Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:20:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4804

        Title:      Aggregation of Resource ReSerVation Protocol 
                    (RSVP) Reservations over MPLS TE/DS-TE Tunnels 
        Author:     F. Le Faucheur, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 69473
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-dste-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4804.txt

RFC 3175 specifies aggregation of Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP)
end-to-end reservations over aggregate RSVP reservations.  This
document specifies aggregation of RSVP end-to-end reservations over
MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) tunnels or MPLS Diffserv-aware MPLS
Traffic Engineering (DS-TE) tunnels.  This approach is based on
RFC 3175 and simply modifies the corresponding procedures for
operations over MPLS TE tunnels instead of aggregate RSVP
reservations.  This approach can be used to achieve
admission control of a very large number of flows in a scalable
manner since the devices in the core of the network are unaware of
the end-to-end RSVP reservations and are only aware of the MPLS TE
tunnels.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...