Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Specifying New Congestion Control Algorithms
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, M. Allman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-4-5
	
The IETF's standard congestion control schemes have been widely
    shown to be inadequate for various environments (e.g., high-speed
    networks).  Recent research has yielded many alternate congestion
    control schemes ([RFC3649], [HTCP], [FAST], [BIC], [CompoundTCP],
    [XCP], and many more).  Using these new congestion control
    schemes in the global Internet has possible ramifications to
    both the traffic using the new congestion control and to traffic
    using the currently standardized congestion control.  Therefore,
    the IETF must proceed with caution when dealing with alternate
    congestion control proposals.  The goal of this document is to
    provide guidance for considering alternate congestion control
    algorithms within the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.