Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Stream Control Transmission Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-04.txt
	Pages		: 150
	Date		: 2007-4-30
	
This document obsoletes RFC2960 [RFC2960] and describes the Stream
   Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  SCTP is designed to transport
   PSTN signaling messages over IP networks, but is capable of broader
   applications.

   SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on top of a
   connectionless packet network such as IP.  It offers the following
   services to its users:
   --  acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data,
   --  data fragmentation to conform to discovered path MTU size,
   --  sequenced delivery of user messages within multiple streams, with
       an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual user
       messages,
   --  optional bundling of multiple user messages into a single SCTP
       packet, and
   --  network-level fault tolerance through supporting of multi- homing
       at either or both ends of an association.

   The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior
   and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.