Subject: [Tsvwg] rev-ed alternate cc draft

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:23:06 -0400

Folks-

We made a small update to the cc-alt i-d to reflect the feedback from
the tsvwg meeting in Prague that we needed to better explain how this
document relates to RFC 2914.  The update is
draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-01.txt.

We added this paragraph to the intro:

    The guidelines in this document are intended to be consistent with
    the congestion control principles from [RFC2914] of preventing
    congestion collapse, considering fairness, and optimizing the flow's
    own performance in terms of throughput, delay, and loss.  [RFC2914]
    also discusses the goal of avoiding a congestion control `arms race'
    among competing transport protocols.  

In addition, we added a guideline to section 3:

    (0) Differences with Congestion Control Principles [RFC2914]

        Proposed congestion control mechanisms that do not take into
        account the congestion control principles from [RFC2914] should
        include a clear explanation of their differences.

Please let us know if there are further comments.  We are not aware of
any and believe the document is ready for WGLC.

Thanks!

allman