Subject: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-eggert-tsvwg-udp-guidelines as WG item?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:18:18 +0200

TSVWG participants,

The author of "UDP Usage Guidelines for Application Designers" 
(draft-eggert-tsvwg-udp-guidelines) request that this is adopted as WG 
item. The other chairs support this as we think the IETF can greatly 
benefit from having the guidance on how to utilize UDP. It is also 
important that a document that provide guidance on usage of UDP have 
area wide consensus. So please comment if you think adopting this 
document in TSVWG is a good or bad idea. Do also indicate if you are 
willing to review such a document during its development.

Please provide any comments at the latest the 4th of May.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:34:42 -0700

I looked at the diffs, and I think that adopting this document in
TSVWG is a good idea.

(I also wandered across the tool at tools.ietf.org for looking
at the diffs between different internet-drafts.  I think it is great!
"http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eggert-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-02".)

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/