Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4860 on Generic Aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Reservations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 15:59:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4860

        Title:      Generic Aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol 
                    (RSVP) Reservations 
        Author:     F. Le Faucheur, B. Davie,
                    P. Bose, C. Christou,
                    M. Davenport
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 73010
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4860.txt

RFC 3175 defines aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP)
reservations allowing resources to be reserved in a Diffserv network
for a given Per Hop Behavior (PHB), or given set of PHBs, from a
given source to a given destination.  RFC 3175 also defines how
end-to-end RSVP reservations can be aggregated onto such aggregate
reservations when transiting through a Diffserv cloud.  There are
situations where multiple such aggregate reservations are needed for
the same source IP address, destination IP address, and PHB (or set of
PHBs).  However, this is not supported by the aggregate reservations
defined in RFC 3175.  In order to support this, the present document
defines a more flexible type of aggregate RSVP reservations, referred
to as generic aggregate reservation.  Multiple such generic aggregate
reservations can be established for a given PHB (or set of PHBs) from
a given source IP address to a given destination IP address.  The
generic aggregate reservations may be used to aggregate end-to-end
RSVP reservations.  This document also defines the procedures for such
aggregation.  The generic aggregate reservations may also be used
end-to-end directly by end-systems attached to a Diffserv network.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...