Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4898 on TCP Extended Statistics MIB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:50:24 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4898

        Title:      TCP Extended Statistics MIB 
        Author:     M. Mathis, J. Heffner,
                    R. Raghunarayan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      75
        Characters: 153768
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-mib-extension-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4898.txt

This document describes extended performance statistics for TCP.  They are
designed to use TCP's ideal vantage point to diagnose performance problems
in both the network and the application.  If a network-based application 
is performing poorly, TCP can determine if the bottleneck is in the 
sender, the receiver, or the network itself.  If the bottleneck is in the 
network, TCP can provide specific information about its nature.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...