Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4960 on Stream Control Transmission Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:22:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4960

        Title:      Stream Control Transmission Protocol 
        Author:     R. Stewart, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      152
        Characters: 346022
        Obsoletes:  RFC2960, RFC3309
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4960.txt

This document obsoletes RFC 2960 and RFC 3309.  It
describes the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  SCTP is
designed to transport Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
signaling messages over IP networks, but is capable of broader
applications.

SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on top of a
connectionless packet network such as IP.  It offers the following
services to its users:

--  acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data,

--  data fragmentation to conform to discovered path MTU size,

--  sequenced delivery of user messages within multiple streams, with
an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual user
messages,

--  optional bundling of multiple user messages into a single SCTP
packet, and

--  network-level fault tolerance through supporting of multi-homing
at either or both ends of an association.

The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior
and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL From [email-masked] Fri Sep 21 18:27:05 2007
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4960 on Stream Control Transmission Protocol

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4960

        Title:      Stream Control Transmission Protocol 
        Author:     R. Stewart, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      152
        Characters: 346022
        Obsoletes:  RFC2960, RFC3309
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4960.txt

This document obsoletes RFC 2960 and RFC 3309.  It
describes the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  SCTP is
designed to transport Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
signaling messages over IP networks, but is capable of broader
applications.

SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on top of a
connectionless packet network such as IP.  It offers the following
services to its users:

--  acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data,

--  data fragmentation to conform to discovered path MTU size,

--  sequenced delivery of user messages within multiple streams, with
an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual user
messages,

--  optional bundling of multiple user messages into a single SCTP
packet, and

--  network-level fault tolerance through supporting of multi-homing
at either or both ends of an association.

The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior
and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...