Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] RE: [tcpm] consensus call: draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization to WGitem

From: Pyda Srisuresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 06:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

TSVWG should take on this work item, with this document as the basis.

I support this document becoming tsvwg document. As Carlos mentioend earlier, I
believe, the scope of the document may be extendable to other transport
protocols as well.

regards,
suresh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] 
[Tsvwg] REMINDER: consensus call: draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization to WG
item

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: tsvwg WG <tsvwg at ietf.org> 
Subject: [Tsvwg] REMINDER: consensus call:
draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization to WG item 
From: Lars Eggert <lars.eggert at nokia.com> 
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:48:46 +0300 
Cc: tcpm at ietf.org, draft-larsen-tsvwg-port-randomization at tools.ietf.org,
DCCP mailing list <dccp at ietf.org> 
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]> 
List-help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help> 
List-id: Transport Area Working Group <tsvwg.ietf.org> 
List-post: <mailto:[email-masked]> 
List-subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe> 
List-unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg>,
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> 
References: <[email-masked]> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen two (positive) comments so far. Please comment.

On 2007-9-12, at 18:38, ext Lars Eggert wrote: 
regarding http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-larsen-tsvwg-port- randomization,
there was quite a bit of discussion around this draft during the summer. My
personal take is that I saw more positive than negative comments, but I'd like
to confirm this.

I'd hence like to start a consensus call on whether we want to take this
document to be the basis for a standards-track work item in TSVWG that will
recommend a randomization scheme for operating systems allocation of source
ports. Because this scheme will cover all our transport protocols, I'm CC'ing
the DCCP and TCPM working groups. This consensus call will run for two weeks,
until September 28.

Please comment on the tsvwg at ietf.org list (reply-to set accordingly), even
if you have already commented be on this draft in the past.

To make it easy for your chairs, please start your email by choosing ONE of the
options below, followed by any detailed comments you'd like to make:

(1) TSVWG should take on this work item, with this document as the basis
(2) TSVWG should take on this work item, but NOT with this document as the
basis
(3) TSVWG should NOT take on this work item
(4) don't care

Thanks,
Lars