Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 5062 on Security Attacks Found Against the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and Current Countermeasures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:22:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5062

        Title:      Security Attacks Found Against the 
                    Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) and 
                    Current Countermeasures 
        Author:     R. Stewart, M. Tuexen,
                    G. Camarillo
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29704
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpthreat-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5062.txt

This document describes certain security threats to SCTP.  It also
describes ways to mitigate these threats, in particular by using
techniques from the SCTP Specification Errata and Issues memo (RFC
4460).  These techniques are included in RFC 4960, which obsoletes
RFC 2960.  It is hoped that this information will provide some useful
background information for many of the newest requirements spelled
out in the SCTP Specification Errata and Issues and included in RFC
4960.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...