Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 5129 on Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:35:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5129

        Title:      Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS 
        Author:     B. Davie, B. Briscoe,
                    J. Tay
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 49496
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5129.txt

RFC 3270 defines how to support the Diffserv architecture in MPLS
networks, including how to encode Diffserv Code Points (DSCPs) in an
MPLS header.  DSCPs may be encoded in the EXP field, while other uses
of that field are not precluded.  RFC 3270 makes no statement about
how Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) marking might be encoded
in the MPLS header.  This document defines how an operator might
define some of the EXP codepoints for explicit congestion
notification, without precluding other uses.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...