Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Adopting draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying as WG item?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:17:20 +0100

Magnus Westerlund skrev:
> * PGP Signed by an unknown key: 01/23/2008 at 03:14:59 PM
> Hi,
> 
> At the meeting "Applicability of Keying Methods for RSVP Security"
> (draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-01) was presented. It 
> seemed to be quite a lot of support for having TSVWG develop an 
> Informative document on RSVP Group keying. Thus the question to the WG 
> is; Should TSVWG adopt 
> draft-behringer-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-01 as an basis for a WG 
> item?
> 

Based on the quite lengthy discussion on this topic it seems clear that 
there is significant interest in making this a WG item with the goal of 
publication as an informational RFC in the end.

The scope of this new WG item is to provide a survey of existing 
solutions and discussion around known requirements on keying RSVP and 
pointing out existing gaps in the solution space.

The milestone is proposed to be:

Dec 2008 Request publication as informational RFC of "Applicability of 
Keying Methods for RSVP Security"

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------