Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Applicability of Keying Methods for RSVP Security
	Author(s)	: M. Behringer, F. Le Faucheur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2008-2-18
	
The Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP) allows hop-by-hop
   authentication of RSVP neighbors.  This requires messages to be
   cryptographically signed using a shared secret between participating
   nodes.  This document compares group keying for RSVP with per
   neighbor or per interface keying, and discusses the associated key
   provisioning methods as well as applicability and limitations of
   these approaches.  Draft-weis-gdoi-for-rsvp provides an example of
   how the Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI) could be used to
   distribute group keys to RSVP nodes.  The present document also
   discusses applicability of group keying to RSVP encryption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:03:01 -0000

Hi,

I think that this I-D introduces some concepts that may be interesting for 
people doing MPLS-TE (RFC 3209) and GMPLS (RFC 3473) signaling. Indeed, the 
draft notes that it may be helpful for GMPLS Notify messages.

The MPLS/GMPLS community has been working on a "Security Framework for MPLS 
and GMPLS Networks" under the care of the MPLS working group. 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework-01.txt)

We should look for ways to ensure that your work is socialised when it is at 
an appropriate stage.

Cheers,
Adrian

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 7:45 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-00.txt

> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:16:52 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in this.

Indeed we'd like to extend the applicability discussion to TE &  
GMPLS. It would be good to get input right away. But in any case,  
socializing it to RSVP-TE/GMPLS experts will be needed.

Regarding relationship with draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security- 
framework, I discussed this a while back with Luyuan and Michael and  
we thought that a reasonable starting approach would be to assume:
	- that the more detailed discussion about applicability/pros&cons of  
keying methods to RSVP-TE/GMPLS would go inside draft-tsvwg-rsvp- 
security-groupkeying and
	- then have draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework point  
to this detailed discussion from the relevant places in its  
discussion on threat/approaches/scenarios.

But we're open to other views.

Cheers

Francois

On 24 Feb 2008, at 23:03, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that this I-D introduces some concepts that may be  
> interesting for people doing MPLS-TE (RFC 3209) and GMPLS (RFC  
> 3473) signaling. Indeed, the draft notes that it may be helpful for  
> GMPLS Notify messages.
>
> The MPLS/GMPLS community has been working on a "Security Framework  
> for MPLS and GMPLS Networks" under the care of the MPLS working  
> group. (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-mpls- 
> and-gmpls-security-framework-01.txt)
>
> We should look for ways to ensure that your work is socialised when  
> it is at an appropriate stage.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <[email-masked]>