Subject: [Tsvwg] How to set SCTP send buffer size per association?

From: "Sridhar Bhaskaran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 16:04:34 +0530

Hi,

The setsockopt option in SCTP to set SO_SNDBUF will set the send
buffer size for the whole socket, in the case of a one-to-many socket,
if the HAVE_SCTP_MULTIBUF is set to 0 in the kernel. Are there any
other way by which I can set the send buffer size per association
instead of at the socket level? There is a way to set the receive
buffer size per association using the
sctp_assocparams.sasoc_local_rwnd field with SCTP_ASSOCINFO option on
setsockopt.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Sridhar

---

From: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:02:06 -0400

Sridhar Bhaskaran wrote:
> instead of at the socket level?

No, not right now.  One way might be to sent the SO_SNDBUF every time you
plan to establish the association, but that doesn't work very well if you
depend on implicit setup.

> There is a way to set the receive

I don't believe thats the intent of this option even though there is
no text to that regard.  I think that the value of sasoc_local_rwnd is
read only as there would be issues in allowing the local rwnd to suddenly
grow or shrink in the middle of the association.

-vlad