Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Application Designers on Using Unicast UDP
	Author(s)       : L. Eggert, G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-07.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-05-21

The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) provides a minimal, message-passing
transport that has no inherent congestion control mechanisms.
Because congestion control is critical to the stable operation of the
Internet, applications and upper-layer protocols that choose to use
UDP as an Internet transport must employ mechanisms to prevent
congestion collapse and establish some degree of fairness with
concurrent traffic.  This document provides guidelines on the use of
UDP for the designers of unicast applications and upper-layer
protocols.  Congestion control guidelines are a primary focus, but
the document also provides guidance on other topics, including
message sizes, reliability, checksums and middlebox traversal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:44:04 +0300

As far as I'm aware, this revision should address all WGLC comments -  
thanks!

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-07.txt

Lars

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:46:02 +0200

Unless I see any comments to the contrary I will request publication of 
this document Thursday next week.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------