Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] Adopt draft-tuexen-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:57:00 +0200

Wg,

There has been some support but not a lot of it. Anyone more that likes
to provide input if it is good work. Even if they don't think they can
contribute?

The chairs will make a decision soon.

Magnus

Magnus Westerlund skrev:
> WG,
> 
> There wasn't many that had read this document in the meeting in Dublin.
> However, there are definitely customers that want DTLS for SCTP. So this
> is a question if people want us to adopt DTLS for SCTP as a WG item?
> When stating a position please do indicate if you intended to help by
> reviewing and providing comments. Please provide input by the 1st of
> October.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Magnus Westerlund
> 
> IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
> Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
> S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:17:26 +0200

(all hats off)

I personally think we should take this on as a work item.

Lars

---

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 11:19:27 +0200

I think this is a solid and useful work to move forward.
Xiaoming

---

From: Randy Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:10:27 -0400

Magnus:

I think this is a good idea in general... I am more
than willing to help with Reviews or other such tasks. I am
not on the draft and am not a security expert by far
but I do have some expertise in some of what the draft touches on :-)

I think it would be good to be a wg item and get this draft through to  
RFC status...

Regards

R

>> IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair

-----
Randall Stewart
[email-masked]

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:36:39 +0200

Thanks all that pinged in the last days.

Based on the general need for this and that there is no opposition,
despite a somewhat low interest in helping with the document this is now
accepted as a WG item.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund