Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resource ReSerVation Protovol (RSVP) Extensions for Emergency Services
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-09.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2008-10-17

An Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS) requires the ability to
provide an elevated probability of session establishment to an
authorized user in times of network congestion (typically, during a
crisis).  When supported over the Internet Protocol suite, this may
be facilitated through a network layer admission control solution,
which supports prioritized access to resources (e.g., bandwidth).
These resources may be explicitly set aside for emergency services,
or they may be shared with other sessions.

This document specifies extensions to the Resource reSerVation
Protocol (RSVP) that can be used to support such an admission
priority capability at the network layer.  Note that these extensions
represent one possible solution component in satisfying ETS
requirements.  Other solution components, or other solutions, are
outside the scope of this document.

The mechanisms defined in this document are applicable to controlled
environments formed by either a single administrative domain or a set
of administrative domains that closely coordinate their network
policy and network design.  The mechanisms defined in this document
can be used for a session whose path spans over such a controlled
environment in order to elevate the session establishment probability
through the controlled environment (thereby elevating the end to end
session establishment probability).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.