Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Layered Encapsulation of Congestion Notification
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2008-10-16

This document redefines how the explicit congestion notification
(ECN) field of the outer IP header of a tunnel should be constructed.
It brings all IP in IP tunnels (v4 or v6) into line with the way
IPsec tunnels now construct the ECN field.  It includes a thorough
analysis of the reasoning for this change and the implications.  It
also gives guidelines on the encapsulation of IP congestion
notification by any outer header, whether encapsulated in an IP
tunnel or in a lower layer header.  Following these guidelines should
help interworking, if the IETF or other standards bodies specify any
new encapsulation of congestion notification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.