Subject: [Tsvwg] Fwd: Re: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:36:36 -0600

TSV

As an FYI - and I know I'm jumping the gun on the formal announcement 
from Russ or the IAOC or IESG - but from the message below you can 
read that the large Interim planned for Malta in January 2009 is now 
*not* going to happen.

I just wanted to update everyone who might be considering buying 
non-refundable tickets not to buy them.  Russ wants to hear directly 
from anyone who has already bought a non-refundable ticket to Malta 
for the interim.

James

>Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:58:34 -0500
>To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>
>From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: WG Interim Meeting Opportunity in January 2009
>Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>
>WG Chairs:
>
>Thanks for all of the valuable input.  The IAOC has just taken a 
>vote, and the Malta Large Interim Meeting Experiment in January 2009 
>is not going to take place.  The primarily reason for this decision 
>is the number of people that are able to commit to on-site 
>participation.  The total number of people that indicated that they 
>would attend is less than 60.  That does not qualify as a large 
>Interim Meeting.  With this level of participation, we will not 
>learn the things that we had hoped from the experiment.
>
>Please direct anyone that purchased a non-refundable airline ticket 
>for the proposed Malta meeting to me.
>
>The IESG may revisit the idea of a Large Interim Meeting Experiment 
>in the future.  At this point, it is unclear when travel budgets 
>will make this a viable experiment.
>
>I encourage WG chars to experiment with virtual interim 
>meetings.  Guidance about interim meetings can be found at 
>http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Interim-meetings.txt
>
>Thanks for all you do for the IETF and the Internet,
>    Russ