Subject: [Tsvwg] FreeBSD info in draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-randomization

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:14:32 +0200

> Appendix A.  Survey of the algorithms in use by some popular
>              implementations
>
> A.1.  FreeBSD
>
>    FreeBSD implements Algorithm 1, and in response to this document  
> now
>    uses a 'min_port' of 10000 and a 'max_port' of 65535.  [FreeBSD]

Is this still accurate?

[eggert@fit: ~] sysctl net.inet.ip.portrange
net.inet.ip.portrange.randomtime: 45
net.inet.ip.portrange.randomcps: 10
net.inet.ip.portrange.randomized: 1
net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedlow: 0
net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedhigh: 1023
net.inet.ip.portrange.hilast: 65535
net.inet.ip.portrange.hifirst: 49152
net.inet.ip.portrange.last: 65535
net.inet.ip.portrange.first: 49152
                              ^^^^^
net.inet.ip.portrange.lowlast: 600
net.inet.ip.portrange.lowfirst: 1023

[eggert@fit: ~] uname -sr
FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE

Lars

---

From: Randy Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:49:33 -0500

Lars:

I don't have 7.0 loaded.. but I do have 8.0 (head) on several
of my machines.

Note I see
10,000 in the portrange.first.

Also FYI... SCTP uses the same methods for FreeBSD that TCP
does.. i.e. whatever these ranges are they work the same
for SCTP.

R

> [eggert@fit: ~] uname -sr

-----
Randall Stewart
[email-masked]