Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Tunnelling of Explicit Congestion Notification
	Author(s)       : B. Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-02.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2009-03-24

This document redefines how the explicit congestion notification
(ECN) field of the IP header should be constructed on entry to and
exit from any IP in IP tunnel.  On encapsulation it brings all IP in
IP tunnels (v4 or v6) into line with the way RFC4301 IPsec tunnels
now construct the ECN field.  On decapsulation it redefines how the
ECN field in the forwarded IP header should be calculated for two
previously invalid combinations of incoming inner and outer headers,
in order that these combinations may be usefully employed in future
standards actions.  It includes a thorough analysis of the reasoning
for these changes and the implications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.