Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] [P2PSIP] Comments on draft-baset-tsvwg-tcp-over-udp-00

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:07:59 +0200

The figure in seection 2 describes ToU as a library. This is desirable
for quick adoption, but is basically an implementation detail.

The socket-like API in section 5 is of limited use if you want to mix
ordinary file descriptors and libraries with ToU sockets (eg
gtk_input_add, or Qt's QSocketNotifier). DLL trickeries might give
better results.

The draft doesn't discuss any timing constraints that a library
implementer would have to meet: is it enough to check timers on every
tou_ call? Or do I need a background thread?

What information needs to be shared among several applications using
ToU, like ISN and TCBs? Is this even possible if applications on a
single system use different ToU libraries?

(should this draft be discussed in p2psip or tsvwg?)

Wolfgang

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:05:10 -0600

> (should this draft be discussed in p2psip or tsvwg?)

tsvwg