Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] TCP-over-UDP draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 06:15:34 EDT

Hello :
 
I have also implemented a TCP-over-UDP , may be useful for community  
comments re whether congestion control algorithm was unintended not  'perfect' 
implemented 40 years ago & persist to plague today ( despite  MPLS QoS etc 
patches )

here is our 100mbs server in London _http://www.gridftp.co.uk_ 
(http://www.gridftp.co.uk) 

just one  of example applications of this TCP over UDP , plaguing  mobile 
streamings today  despite the tremendous available resource &  hypes from 
mobile operators last 5 years :
 
before click on the " download with GridFTP " link on 
_http://gridftp.co.uk_ (http://gridftp.co.uk/)  :  

    1.  Iinstall VLC player & LFNEmu.  
    2.  Activates GridStream server.exe on your pc  
    3.  Activates LFNEmu e.g., with settings 1 199 30 1 199 30, one 
introduces  extra 1% packet loss extra 60ms latency ( US east-west coast type ) on 
your pc   
    4.  Click the GridStream " download with gridftp" link on the page  
    5.  a progressive download file ' f ' will appear in same folder where  
server.exe resides , point VLC player to open this local progessive  
download file ' f ' to instant playback with 'perfect' view qualities (  whereas 
clicking on standard http/ ftp link on the website _http://gridftp.co.uk_ 
(http://gridftp.co.uk/)  the view qualities now  is not even watchable ! )  

(needs make sure wireless router/ laptop's firewall  allows UDP  ports 
33333 & 33334 , and laptop/pc is not behind  NAT)  

Kind Regards,
Intellectual Properties Holding International Limited
eFAX : 1 484 3464116