Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RSVP Extensions for Path-Triggered RSVP Receiver Proxy
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur, H. Malik, J. Manner, A. Narayanan, A. Guillou, L. Faucheur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-09.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2009-5-4
	
RSVP signaling can be used to make end-to-end resource reservations
   in an IP network in order to guarantee the QoS required by certain
   flows.  With conventional RSVP, both the data sender and receiver of
   a given flow take part in RSVP signaling.  Yet, there are many use
   cases where resource reservation is required, but the receiver, the
   sender, or both, is not RSVP-capable.  Where the receiver is not
   RSVP-capable, an RSVP router may behave as an RSVP Receiver Proxy
   thereby performing RSVP signaling on behalf of the receiver.  This
   allows resource reservations to be established on the segment of the
   end-to-end path from the sender to the RSVP Receiver Proxy.  However,
   as discussed in the companion document presenting RSVP Proxy
   approaches, RSVP extensions are needed to facilitate operations with
   an RSVP Receiver Proxy whose signaling is triggered by receipt of
   RSVP Path messages from the sender.  This document specifies these
   extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-proto-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.