Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 03:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RSVP Proxy Approaches
	Author(s)       : F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-08.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) can be used to make end-to-
end resource reservations in an IP network in order to guarantee the
quality of service required by certain flows.  RSVP assumes that both
the data sender and receiver of a given flow take part in RSVP
signaling.  Yet, there are use cases where resource reservation is
required, but the receiver, the sender, or both, is not RSVP-capable.
This document presents RSVP Proxy behaviors allowing RSVP routers to
initiate or terminate RSVP signaling on behalf of a receiver or a
sender that is not RSVP-capable.  This allows resource reservations
to be established on a critical subset of the end-to-end path.  This
document reviews conceptual approaches for deploying RSVP Proxies and
discusses how RSVP reservations can be synchronized with application
requirements, despite the sender, receiver, or both not participating
in RSVP.  This document also points out where extensions to RSVP (or
to other protocols) may be needed for deployment of a given RSVP
Proxy approach.  However, such extensions are outside the scope of
this document.  Finally, practical use cases for RSVP Proxy are
described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-proxy-approaches-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.