Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2009-10-26

Many applications that desire to use SCTP have requested the ability
to "reset" a stream.  The intention of resetting a stream is to start
the numbering sequence of the stream back at 'zero' with a
corresponding notification to the upper layer that this act as been
performed.  The applications that have requested this feature
normally desire it so that they can "re-use" streams for different
purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number for the
application to track the message flows.  Thus, without this feature,
a new use on an old stream would result in message numbers larger
than expected without a protocol mechanism to "start the streams back
at zero".  This documents presents also a method for resetting the
transport sequence numbers and all stream sequence numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.