Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 05:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Transport Protocol Port Number and Service Name Registry
	Author(s)       : M. Cotton, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-01-11

This document defines the procedures that the Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority (IANA) uses when handling registration and other
requests related to the transport protocol port number and service
name registry.  It also discusses the rationale and principles behind
these procedures and how they facilitate the long-term sustainability
of the registry.

This document updates IANA's procedures by obsoleting Sections 8 and
9.1 of the IANA allocation guidelines [RFC2780], it updates the IANA
allocation procedures for UDP-Lite [RFC3828], DCCP [RFC4340] and SCTP
[RFC4960], it updates the DNS SRV specification [RFC2782] to clarify
what a service name is and how it is registered.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.
The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on July 15, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2010 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
(http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
publication of this document.  Please review these documents
carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with respect
to this document.  Code Components extracted from this document must
include Simplified BSD License text as described in Section 4.e of
the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without warranty as
described in the BSD License.

This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
Contributions published or made publicly available before November
10, 2008.  The person(s) controlling the copyright in some of this
material may not have granted the IETF Trust the right to allow
modifications of such material outside the IETF Standards Process.
Without obtaining an adequate license from the person(s) controlling
the copyright in such materials, this document may not be modified
outside the IETF Standards Process, and derivative works of it may
not be created outside the IETF Standards Process, except to format
it for publication as an RFC or to translate it into languages other
than English.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:52:30 +0100

Hi,

We have finally managed to produce a new version of the IANA ports
document. This is the result of discussions with a number of people in
Hiroshima.

So please review and provide feedback. Our goal is now to gather
feedback not only from the WG but also other parts of IETF that will be
affected by this update. We hope that the document is ready for WG last
call after another revision.

Diff from previous version:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-04

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------