Subject: Start of WGLC for Datagram Transport Layer Security for Stream Control Transmission Protocol

From: Daniel Mentz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:37:20 +0100

I write in support of draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-04.txt.

DTLS over SCTP is one of the transport mechanisms that every IPFIX 
implementation must support according to RFC5101.  The task of my 
diploma thesis was to implement support for DTLS over SCTP in Vermont 
which I was able to fulfill successfully.  Vermont is an implementation 
of IPFIX and available at http://vermont.berlios.de/.  I decided to use 
OpenSSL with the DTLS over SCTP patch that the authors of 
draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-04.txt provided.  I studied the draft 
carefully in order to get a better understanding of the protocol.  All 
the concerns that I expressed during the course of my work have been 
addressed by the authors.  I therefore support this document and think 
that it can be published as a proposed standard.

My diploma thesis is available at
http://home.in.tum.de/~mentz/studium/da/diplarb.pdf
for those who are interested. It details some of the implementation 
challenges.

-Daniel Mentz

---

From: Anna Brunström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 00:19:32 +0100

I have reviewed an earlier version of this draft. All my comments have 
been addressed by the authors and I support the draft.

Best Regards,
Anna Brunstrom

------------------------------------------
Professor Anna Brunstrom
Department of Computer Science
Karlstad University
651 88 Karlstad, Sweden

Phone:   +46 54 7001795
Fax:     +46 54 7001446
E-mail:  [email-masked]
------------------------------------------