Subject: F-RTO support for SCTP

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:36:16 +0100

Hi,

RFC 5682 moves the F-RTO functionality for TCP in RFC 4138 from
Experimental to Standards Track status leaving F-RTO support for SCTP
with Experimental status. Since the algorithm can also be applied to
SCTP, why has it been left out of the nest?

Cheers,
-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:35:25 -0700

Hi,

> SCTP, why has it been left out of the nest?

if I recall correctly, the reason was that we didn't have sufficient data from actual usage that the mechanism is stable enough when applied to SCTP. (We did get quite a number of positive reports about F-RTO for TCP.)

Lars

---

From: Alexander Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:40:06 +0000

Hi Victor,

I think the reason is a lack of experience...

Alex