Subject: Anaheim Presenters - be careful about your time limitations!

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:59:35 -0500

TSVWG presenters in Anaheim

It has become clear to the WG chairs that at least a couple of you 
are not keeping track of how much time you have allotted during the 
TSVWG session on Monday.  Please check this link for how much time you have,

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/agenda

and please APPRECIATE how much material we have to get through. Many 
presenters are being limited to 3 minutes -- which goes by incredibly 
fast. We're sorry for this time constraint, but the alternative was 
for about 8 of you to be denied time to present. That's also not so good.

What the chairs are doing about this situation:

#1 - there is an RSVP mini-BoF during the TSVAREA meeting (Wed 
1300-1500) to see if there is enough interest in moving all of the 
RSVP related documents into a new WG (dedicated to RSVP & IntServ).

Remember, RSVP docs took 50% of the TSVWG preso time in Stockholm (2 
meetings ago) and it is being given 6 whole minutes this meeting, and 
not until the very end of our session.

#2 - We tried to get another session slot for this meeting, but were 
denied. We'll at least ask for 150 minute session for the next 
meeting in the summer.

document status:

- We have 2 IDs in the RFC-Editor now.
- We have 4 IDs being reviewed by the IESG now.
- we have another ID about to go to the IESG for review.
- that leaves 7 WG items.

We have arranged the agenda in such a way that all WG items are 
discussed first, with individual TSVWG targeted IDs going next.  Then 
we have non-TSVWG targeted IDs next. Then we have the RSVP IDs (which 
are there because we don't know at this time whether these IDs will 
remain in TSVWG or not.

We believe the more important documents will get the time they need 
before we move onto another category/class of IDs.

We're not promising everyone will be able to present, but we're 
giving WG items priority over non-WG items, which get priority over 
non TSVWG intended items.

We hope everything will move through smoothly, and we will work 
towards that goal. We hope each of you understand.

James & Gorry