Subject: Call for WG Adoption of draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-00

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:20:40 +0100

TSVWG Please note and respond:

This is a formal request asking people if they would support WG adoption 
of "draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-00":
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-00

If this is adopted, the WG would seek to write a standards-track 
document that updates RFC 4960 by defining new IANA procedure for SCTP 
Chunk flags and the creation of new registries.

At the last IETF meeting, there was general support for this, and no 
notes against adopting this as a work item. This email is to confirm 
whether we should now adopt this with a suggested milestone of October 2010.

Please now respond if you believe this is useful to progress within the 
TSVWG group, if you have comments on this draft, if you would like to 
contribute, and importantly (to gauge whether we can take this on as a 
work-item), whether you would be willing to *REVIEW* the specification. 
The need for reviewers is seen as particularly important, since the 
draft is short and would require SCTP expertise as well as more general 
tranport area review.

Please send all comments to the list (or to BOTH chairs off-list). This 
call for adoption will close on 3rd June 2010.

Best wishes,

Gorry & James
(TSVWG Co-Chairs)

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:26:04 -0600

Gorry,

I have reviewed the document and I believe that it is
good to go without modification.  I would make it a WG
item, issue WGLC and let it go.  I don't think that
should take to October...

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 23:52:01 -0400

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-00

I support WG adoption of this document.  I have reviewed the current
draft and am willing to review future version of this draft.

-vlad

---

From: Robin Seggelmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 09:55:01 +0200

On May 25, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:
> This is a formal request asking people if they would support WG adoption of "draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-00":

I have read the draft and support it. I'll also review future versions.

-Robin

> If this is adopted, the WG would seek to write a standards-track document that updates RFC 4960 by defining new IANA procedure for SCTP Chunk flags and the creation of new registries.
> 
> At the last IETF meeting, there was general support for this, and no notes against adopting this as a work item. This email is to confirm whether we should now adopt this with a suggested milestone of October 2010.
> 
> Please now respond if you believe this is useful to progress within the TSVWG group, if you have comments on this draft, if you would like to contribute, and importantly (to gauge whether we can take this on as a work-item), whether you would be willing to *REVIEW* the specification. The need for reviewers is seen as particularly important, since the draft is short and would require SCTP expertise as well as more general tranport area review.
> 
> Please send all comments to the list (or to BOTH chairs off-list). This call for adoption will close on 3rd June 2010.
> 
> Best wishes,
> 
> Gorry & James
> (TSVWG Co-Chairs)
>

---

From: Kacheong Poon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 17:49:32 +0800

> draft is short and would require SCTP expertise as well as more general

The doc looks good.  I support the WG to adopt it as a
work item.

-- 

					K. Poon.
					[email-masked]

---

From: Irene Rüngeler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 13:11:15 -0700

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-00

I have read the draft and support it. I am willing to review future versions.

Irene