Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-05.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-08-23

Many applications that desire to use SCTP have requested the ability
to "reset" a stream.  The intention of resetting a stream is to start
the numbering sequence of the stream back at 'zero' with a
corresponding notification to the upper layer that this act as been
performed.  The applications that have requested this feature
normally desire it so that they can "re-use" streams for different
purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number for the
application to track the message flows.  Thus, without this feature,
a new use on an old stream would result in message numbers larger
than expected without a protocol mechanism to "start the streams back
at zero".  This documents presents also a method for resetting the
transport sequence numbers, adding additional streams and resetting
all stream sequence numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:25:37 +0200

Dear all,

I see in the minutes:

    Four IDs approaching WGLC:
       - SCTP Stream Reconfiguration
       - IANA procedures for ports and services
       - SCTP Sockets
       - SCTP Flag Chunks

Are we still waiting for something before starting the WGLC on this draft?

Regards, Benoit.