Subject: TSVWG will start new work items based on: draft-tuexen-sctp-udp-encaps & draft-stewart-natsupp-tsvwg

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:41:07 +0100

The TSVWG Meeting at IETF-78 in Maastricht on 29th July 2010 received
positive feedback for adopting the following two drafts as TSVWG work
items. This email is to confirm the acceptance of these as Work Items.

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tuexen-sctp-udp-encaps
    "UDP Encapsulation of SCTP Packets", Michael Tuexen, Randall Stewart,
     - Work Item name: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stewart-natsupp-tsvwg
    "Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address
    Translation Support", Randall Stewart, Michael Tuexen,
    Irene Ruengeler.
     - Work Item name: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-natsupp

--- The two conditions for acceptance were:

1) Authors need to confirm a set of names of people who have agreed to 
review this draft. Implementation experience is expected.

2) The WG editors (aka former authors) must not just change the draft 
name, but MUST include text corrections and new text to propose initial 
content for the missing sections, ensuring a reasonable basis for 
progress in the WG (a set of suggestions were sent separately to authors).

Gorry & James
TSVWG Co-Chairs

---

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:43:21 +0200

Dear Gorry,

I have read the document draft-tuexen-sctp-udp-encaps, support it and will 
review further versions. Also, I have implemented this draft into the SCTPLIB 
userland SCTP implementation (http://www.sctp.de/sctp-download.html).

> review this draft. Implementation experience is expected.

Best regards
-- 
=======================================================================
 Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Duisburg-Essen,                   Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================