Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-tsvwg-source-quench-00

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 05:01:41 -0300

Folks,

I have posted a short I-D to formally deprecate ICMP Source Quench
messages. The I-D is draft-gont-tsvwg-source-quench-00, and is available
at IETF I-D repository.

My understanding is that there was agreement to do this while working on
RFC5927 (ICMP attacks), but since RFC5927 targeted "Informational", we
never formally deprecated source quenches.

It is also my understanding that it was felt that this should be pursued
in tsvwg (rather than tcpm) -- hence the "tsvwg" in the filename.

Any comments will be more than welcome.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gont-tsvwg-source-quench-00
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-tsvwg-source-quench-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-tsvwg-source-quench
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Deprecation of ICMP Source Quench messages
Creation_date:	 2010-09-24
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 5

Abstract:
This document formally deprecates the use of ICMP Source Quench
messages by transport protocols.

The IETF Secretariat.