Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6016 (2558)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:08:31 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6016,
"Support for the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) in Layer 3 VPNs".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6016&eid=2558

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.5, pg.24

Original Text
-------------
|  The usage of Aggregated VPN-IPv4 (or VPN-IPv6) SESSION object is
   described in Section 7.3.  The AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv4 (respectively,
   AGGREGATE-IPv6-VPN) SESSION object appears in RSVP messages that
   ordinarily contain a AGGREGATE-IPv4 (respectively, AGGREGATE-IPv6)
   SESSION object as defined in [RFC3175] and are sent between ingress
   PE and egress PE in either direction.  The GENERIC-AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv4
|  (respectively, AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv6) SESSION object should appear in
   all RSVP messages that ordinarily contain a GENERIC-AGGREGATE-IPv4
   (respectively, GENERIC-AGGREGATE-IPv6) SESSION object as defined in
   [RFC4860] and are sent between ingress PE and egress PE in either
   direction.  [...]

Corrected Text
--------------
|  The usage of the Aggregated VPN-IPv4 (or VPN-IPv6) SESSION object is
   described in Section 7.3.  The AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv4 (respectively,
   AGGREGATE-IPv6-VPN) SESSION object appears in RSVP messages that
   ordinarily contain a AGGREGATE-IPv4 (respectively, AGGREGATE-IPv6)
   SESSION object as defined in [RFC3175] and are sent between ingress
   PE and egress PE in either direction.  The GENERIC-AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv4
|  (respectively, GENERIC-AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv6) SESSION object should appear
   in all RSVP messages that ordinarily contain a GENERIC-AGGREGATE-IPv4
   (respectively, GENERIC-AGGREGATE-IPv6) SESSION object as defined in
   [RFC4860] and are sent between ingress PE and egress PE in either
   direction.  [...]

Notes
-----
Rationale:
a) missing articles
b) reference to wrong object
   (This classifies the combined Errata Note as Technical.)

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6016 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Support for the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) in Layer 3 VPNs
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : B. Davie, F. Le Faucheur, A. Narayanan
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG