Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6016 (2559)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6016,
"Support for the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) in Layer 3 VPNs".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6016&eid=2559

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.5, pg.25/2

Original Text
-------------
a) [[ on mid-page 25: ]]

|  The Reserved field MUST be set to zero on transmit and ignored on
   receipt.

b) [[ last paragraph of the section, on page 26: ]]

|  The Reserved field MUST be set to zero on transmit and ignored on
   receipt.

Corrected Text
--------------
a) and b)

|  The Reserved fields MUST be set to zero on transmit and ignored on
   receipt.

Notes
-----
Rationale:
a) There are _two_ Reserved fields in the AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv{4|6}
   SESSION objects, as shown in the preceding artwork in the RFC;
   the said treatment applies to both.
b) dto. for the GENERIC-AGGREGATE-VPN-IPv{4|6} SESSION objects.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6016 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Support for the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) in Layer 3 VPNs
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : B. Davie, F. Le Faucheur, A. Narayanan
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG