Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 02:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry
	Author(s)       : M. Cotton, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-08.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2010-10-25

This document defines the procedures that the Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority (IANA) uses when handling registration and other
requests related to the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port
Number Registry.  It also discusses the rationale and principles
behind these procedures and how they facilitate the long-term
sustainability of the registry.

This document updates IANA's procedures by obsoleting Sections 8 and
9.1 of the IANA allocation guidelines [RFC2780], and it updates the
IANA allocation procedures for UDP-Lite [RFC3828], DCCP [RFC4340] and
SCTP [RFC4960].  It also updates the DNS SRV specification [RFC2782]
to clarify what a service name is and how it is registered.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:50:20 +0200

Hi,

This version only corrects the ABNF for the service name.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------