Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 04:30:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry
	Author(s)       : M. Cotton, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2010-12-02

This document defines the procedures that the Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority (IANA) uses when handling assignment and other
requests related to the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port
Number Registry.  It also discusses the rationale and principles
behind these procedures and how they facilitate the long-term
sustainability of the registry.

This document updates IANA's procedures by obsoleting the previous
UDP and TCP port assignment procedures defined in Sections 8 and 9.1
of the IANA allocation guidelines [RFC2780], and it updates the IANA
Service Name and Port assignment procedures for UDP-Lite [RFC3828],
DCCP [RFC4340] and SCTP [RFC4960].  It also updates the DNS SRV
specification [RFC2782] to clarify what a service name is and how it
is registered.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.