Subject: Draft Review Request - IRTP IANA Considerations

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:17:54 +0200

Hello all,

I am writing to request the review (or just an advice) of the draft, 
that, IMO, is in the scope of Transport Area.

The draft can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yevstifeyev-irtp-iana/?include_text=1

It mentions the IANA Considerations for IRTP (see RFC 938). Perhaps you 
will be at least surprised by it as issues for outdated protocol are 
discussed. Nevertheless, I have a reason for such effort. As part of 
Echo protocol update development effort (see 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yevstifeyev-rfc862bis-echo/), 
there is the support of IRTP as a transport-layer protocol for Echo 
protocol. For this reason, the port registry is needed. No such registry 
is created so my document serves as a foundation for it. The Packet 
types registry is created to cover all the issues for IRTP.

So what do you think about this?

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev

P.S. I have also contacted David Harrington for an advice. Mykyta.