Subject: Some results of bandwidth saving when using TCMTF - Part I

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:49:37 +0100

Hello all,

As the IETF meeting is approaching, I am preparing the presentation of TCMTF
proposal. I attach some bandwidth saving results for eight First Person
Shooter games. It should be noticed that when using IPv4 the savings can be
around 30% or 35%, but this figure rises up to 55% when using IPv6.

The meaning of the columns for each game is:

1)      Using a multiplexing period of 10 ms for 5 players

2)      Using a multiplexing period of 10 ms for 20 players

3)      The maximum saving achieved in our tests: 20 players and 50 ms of
multiplexing period

4)      The asymptote of the bandwidth saving

I send two different messages, in order to avoid the maximum size limit of
500kB.

See you in Paris,

Jose Saldana, PhD

Communications Technologies Group (GTC)
Dpt. Electrical Engineering and Communications
Centro Politécnico Superior, Universidad de Zaragoza.
C/ María de Luna 1, Edif. Ada Byron, D. 2.05
50018 Zaragoza, Spain

Tel: +34 976 76 2698

Ext: 2698

E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm>
http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm