Subject: Another picture of TCMTF savings

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:34:07 +0100

Hello again,

I am still improving the presentation. I have done some artwork which I
would like to share with the Working Group, so I attach it. It includes the
saving for an FPS game, and also the one for an MMORPG (World of Warcraft).
For the latter, we have only compressed the packets with a payload, leaving
apart the bare ACKs, since their number will depend on the TCP
implementation and parameters used. If they were also considered, bandwidth
savings could be even higher.

Two questions:

-          Figures are real scale

-          The number of multiplexed packets is small, in order to have a
good picture. If more packets were multiplexed, bigger savings could be
obtained.

See you in Paris,

Jose Saldana, PhD

Communications Technologies Group (GTC)
Dpt. Electrical Engineering and Communications
Centro Politécnico Superior, Universidad de Zaragoza.
C/ María de Luna 1, Edif. Ada Byron, D. 2.05
50018 Zaragoza, Spain

Tel: +34 976 76 2698

Ext: 2698

E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm>
http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm