Subject: Some Linux SCTP code that someone could build upon...

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:51:56 +0200

Hi!

About a year ago, I finished a small project with Morten Hustveit,  
funded by the nl.net foundation. In this project, Morten addressed two  
major things that often contributed to making Linux SCTP work much  
worse than TCP (at that time): the lack of of auto-buffer tuning[1]  
and the lack of pluggable congestion control[2].

[1] http://michawe.at.ifi.uio.no/research/projects/new-transport/implementing-sctp-auto-buffer-tuning.html
[2] http://michawe.at.ifi.uio.no/research/projects/new-transport/implementing-sctp-pluggable-congestion-control.html

 From looking at the graphs at [2], it seems that pluggable congestion  
control never really worked 100%, but by the time the project ended,  
we didn't figure out why - there might not be too much missing?!

Morten has submitted [1]:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-sctp&m=129545178506213&w=2

but without success, and following up on this was also not possible  
within the scope of this project.

Now, after so much time has passed, I have come to realize that this  
will probably pointlessly rest on my webpage forever, where it remains  
unknown and unused, and that's the end of that story - I don't think  
anyone on my side is ever going to fix the problem in [2], or re- 
submit [1]. So, with this email, I'd like to inform the community that  
this code exists, and whoever feels like it is free to take it and do  
whatever they wish with it  :-)

Cheers,
Michael

---

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:51:40 +0200

>within the scope of this project.

Wrong commit patch date. Plase rebase the patch and resend to netdev. Too bad
if that would be lost!

Hagen