Subject: [tsvwg] NR-SACK in draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-mulitpath-sctp-05.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:12:04 +0300

Hi,

The NR-SACK work seems now to be fully incorporated in the
"CMT-SCTP" draft draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-mulitpath-sctp-05.txt.

I fully support both the NR-SACK and the CMT-SCTP work, but given that the
NR-SACK mechanism, like, e.g., the potentially failed mechanism, is equally relevant for non-CMT SCTP,
then I wonder what the motivation is for incorporating the NR-SACK work into
draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-mulitpath-sctp-05.txt.

Is it because it is believed that NR-SACK only is significant for CMT-SCTP ? - or is it so
that the "CMT-draft" generally will include mechanisms relevant also for a non-CMT SCTP ?

In the latter case then I think that this should be made more explicit in the draft - e.g., by
noting which of the mechanisms that equally well apply to non-CMT SCTP.

I recognize that also other mechanisms of the CMT-SCTP draft, like CuCv2,
at least from a "far-fetched (?)" theoretical standpoint, have relevance for
a non CMT-SCTP implementation (for temporary transmission concurrency
during path changes and/or retransmissions).
But I should still think that the NR-SACK mechanism stand out as a generic "core" SCTP mechanism
opposed to CuCv2 - ?

Thanks.

BR, Karen

*****************************************************************************************
Karen Egede Nielsen
Software Architect, Ph.D.

Tieto Denmark A/S
IP Solutions, R&D Services
Åhave Parkvej 27, 2nd, 8260 Viby J, DK-Denmark
Direct Phone / Mobile +45 25134336
E-mail: [email-masked]
*****************************************************************************************
www.tieto.com

Please note: The information contained in this message may be legally privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank You.