Subject: [tsvwg] review(er)s for and/or comments on draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-app-id-vv-profiles

From: Rolf Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:32:38 +0000

WG,

draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-app-id-vv-profiles has been presented at the last meeting and we decided to defer the question of whether we'll make this a WG draft or not after we received comments from the list. If you would like to volunteer to review the draft we'd like to hear from you. Also, if already read the draft, we would like to hear your comments/opinion on the document (in particular whether you support the document to become a WG item or not).

Please read the draft!

Best,

The chairs

NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014

---

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:59:47 +0200

Hello,

Here go two comments about the draft:

- Second paragraph of Introduction:

Current version:  "One new attribute currently being defined is to establish
the type of traffic contained that reservation."

My proposal: "One new attribute is currently being defined so as to
establish the type of traffic contained in that reservation path."

- First paragraph of 3.2:

Current version: "This traffic type will generally not be UDP based"

There are online games using TCP and others using UDP. Examples of the
former ones are almost every MMORPG (e.g. World of Warcraft, Diablo, Eve
online, etc). However, there exist MMORPGs which use UDP (City of Heroes
http://nslab.ee.ntu.edu.tw/publication/journal/7.pdf). 

And almost every First Person Shooter (FPS) uses UDP (Microsoft Halo,
Counter Strike, Quake, etc.). And they are very popular: if you look here
http://www.theclq.com/ags/games.php, you may see that in this moment,
121,000 people are playing Counter Strike there. Here is an article about
the traffic of FPSs:
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5445069
<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5445069&tag=1> &tag=1 

So my proposal for the sentence is "This traffic may be UDP or TCP based".
Another option is to remove the sentence.

I support the document to become a WG item.

Best regards,

Jose Saldana

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] En nombre de Rolf
Winter
Enviado el: martes, 11 de septiembre de 2012 17:33
Para: [email-masked]
Asunto: [tsvwg] review(er)s for and/or comments on
draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-app-id-vv-profiles

WG,

draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-app-id-vv-profiles has been presented at the last
meeting and we decided to defer the question of whether we'll make this a WG
draft or not after we received comments from the list. If you would like to
volunteer to review the draft we'd like to hear from you. Also, if already
read the draft, we would like to hear your comments/opinion on the document
(in particular whether you support the document to become a WG item or not).

Please read the draft!

Best,

The chairs

NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London
W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014

---

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:51:33 -0500

At 03:59 AM 9/12/2012, Jose Saldana wrote:
>Current version:  "One new attribute currently being defined is to 
>establish the type of traffic contained that reservation."

I'll accept this change - it reads better. Thank you.

>There are online games using TCP and others using UDP. Examples of 
>the former ones are almost every MMORPG (e.g. World of Warcraft, 
>Diablo, Eve online, etc). However, there exist MMORPGs which use UDP 
>(City of Heroes 
><http://nslab.ee.ntu.edu.tw/publication/journal/7.pdf>http://nslab.ee.ntu.edu.tw/publication/journal/7.pdf). 
>
>
>And almost every First Person Shooter (FPS) uses UDP (Microsoft 
>Halo, Counter Strike, Quake, etc.). And they are very popular: if 
>you look here 
><http://www.theclq.com/ags/games.php>http://www.theclq.com/ags/games.php, 
>you may see that in this moment, 121,000 people are playing Counter 
>Strike there. Here is an article about the traffic of FPSs: 
><http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5445069&tag=1>http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=5445069&tag=1 
>
>
>So my proposal for the sentence is "This traffic may be UDP or TCP 
>based". Another option is to remove the sentence.

I'll change the existing text, but don't know yet which way above, as 
you suggest, I'll go at the moment. I need to think a bit more - 
unless others have an opinion one way or the other.

>I support the document to become a WG item.

Thank you

James

>De: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] En nombre 
>de Rolf Winter
>draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-app-id-vv-profiles has been presented at the 
>last meeting and we decided to defer the question of whether we'll 
>make this a WG draft or not after we received comments from the 
>list. If you would like to volunteer to review the draft we'd like 
>to hear from you. Also, if already read the draft, we would like to 
>hear your comments/opinion on the document (in particular whether 
>you support the document to become a WG item or not).
>
>Please read the draft!
>
>Best,
>
>The chairs
>
>NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, 
>London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014
>
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 05:33:14 +0000

Hi all,

I have already reviewd v03 of this draft and I am satsified with the way that the authors worked out my comments in v04.

Therefore, I support the proposal that this ID becomes a WG draft!

Best regards,
Georgios

________________________________________
Van: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] namens Rolf Winter [[email-masked]]
Verzonden: dinsdag 11 september 2012 17:32
Aan: [email-masked]
Onderwerp: [tsvwg] review(er)s for and/or comments on draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-app-id-vv-profiles

WG,

Please read the draft!

Best,

The chairs

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 01:27:30 -0400

Rolf,

This draft has utility and I support it going forward as a WG document.

There are some editorial work that needs to be done, but the utility is
clear and ties together with the traffic class label work in MMUSIC.

One noted change that was discussed is the P-type value.  Previously, it was
AUTH_APP and now the document shows AUTH_APP in some places and APP_TC in
others.  I would prefer to leave AUTH_APP as it was.  The application string
containing the GUID make it clear the nature of this policy object.

Paul

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Rolf Winter
> Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:33 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tsvwg] review(er)s for and/or comments on draft-polk-tsvwg-rsvp-
> app-id-vv-profiles
> 
> WG,
> 
> meeting and we decided to defer the question of whether we'll make this a
> WG draft or not after we received comments from the list. If you would
> like to volunteer to review the draft we'd like to hear from you. Also, if
> already read the draft, we would like to hear your comments/opinion on the
> document (in particular whether you support the document to become a WG
> item or not).
> 
> Please read the draft!
> 
> Best,
> 
> The chairs
>

---

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:54:47 -0500

Paul

Thanks for the review. I have no problems changing the P-Type back to 
the original proposal (AUTH_APP). Regardless, consistency is 
necessary, and will be addressed.

James