Subject: [tsvwg] New ID creating the RSVP MULTI_INSTANCE Object

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 01:15:08 -0500

TSVWG

[with my author hat on]

This is to announce that I (finally!) got the new draft creating the 
MULTI_INSTANCE Object done. Many of you will remember that Lou Berger 
proposed that I take the MULTI_TSPEC Object (a current WG item) out 
of IntServ (the sender_descriptor) and place it in a new RSVP Object 
that can carry any additional copies of *SPECs, Objects or elements 
from anywhere within the RSVP message. I have done this and added a 
bonus by including the now dormant draft on MULTI_PREEMPTION Object 
into this draft (which can set a establishing and defending priority 
for each TSPEC included in the message). This was a logical 
inclusion, as I see good usage for this added feature.

All the URLs are below for each to attain a copy of the draft.

Comments are welcome.

I will be proposing this draft replace 
draft-ietf-tsvwg-intserv-multiple-tspec to meet the existing 
milestone we have in TSVWG, as I believe this is a better solution, 
and gets things out of IntServ, if folks agree.

James

Filename:	draft-polk-rsvp-multi-instance-object
Revision:	00
Title:		Resource Reservation Protocol Multiple Instance Object
Creation date:	2012-10-15
WG ID:		Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-rsvp-multi-instance-object-00.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-polk-rsvp-multi-instance-object
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-polk-rsvp-multi-instance-object-00

Abstract:
    This document creates the framework for a new Resource Reservation
    Protocol version 1 (RSVP) object for instances in which there are
    multiple occurrences of existing RSVP objects is to be included
    within the same RSVP message. This document offers two instances for
    multiple versions of the same object will be valid in RSVP messages,
    for more than one traffic specification object (TSPEC), and more
    than one TSPEC priority object (PREEMPTION_PRI).