Subject: [tsvwg] RFC 4594-update revised

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 23:17:01 -0600

TSVWG

(with my individual hat on)

Apologies for getting this announcement out this late, but this just 
yesterday showed up in the archives - and I didn't want to point to 
something and have 'nothing' appear (other than an error message).

The only thing I changed in this version was add a new section with a 
high level of what I'm proposing needs to be changed in RFC 4594. The 
section is 1.6, and is a page and a half long. It became obvious that 
rewriting RFC 4594 was not only a beast to write but a beast to read.

Comments are encouraged and welcome.

I will be presenting this draft in our Thursday session (3:30-4:30pm).

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

     Title         : Standard Configuration of DiffServ Service Classes
     Author(s)     : J. Polk
     Filename      : draft-polk-tsvwg-rfc4594-update
     Pages         : 74
     Date          : March 5, 2013

    This document describes service classes configured with DiffServ and
    identifies how they are used and how to construct them using
    Differentiated Services Code Points (DSCPs), traffic conditioners,
    Per-Hop Behaviors (PHBs), and Active Queue Management (AQM)
    mechanisms.  There is no intrinsic requirement that particular
    DSCPs, traffic conditioners, PHBs, and AQM be used for a certain
    service class, but for consistent behavior under the same network
    conditions, configuring networks as described here is appropriate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-tsvwg-rfc4594-update-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-tsvwg-rfc4594-update>

James