Subject: [tsvwg] draft-geib-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-02.txt - does BGP need

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:14:25 -0400

To follow-up on the proposal in the RFC5127 changes proposed in the draft

draft-geib-tswf-diffserv-intercon-02.txt, I ask do the carriers need the
RFC5127 network control (CS6 DSCP) to run BGP? 

Sue Hares

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:50:37 +0100

Sue,

I didn't ask any of my internal BGP expert before sending: is eBGP terminated by an AS border router? If that's a yes in all cases, Cs6 for eBGP isn't an issue. If eBGP traffic is transmitted within an AS, then mapping of classes is an issue. I'm not a routing expert.

Regards,

Rüdiger

________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [tsvwg] draft-geib-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-02.txt - does BGP need

To follow-up on the proposal in the RFC5127 changes proposed in the draft
draft-geib-tswf-diffserv-intercon-02.txt, I ask do the carriers need the RFC5127 network control (CS6 DSCP) to run BGP?

Sue Hares

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:39:26 -0400

Ruediger:

I given the details to Ruediger Volk and he promises to return and chat with
you on the presentation.

The tsvwg – group did not differentiate between the two – only suggested a
BGP peering.  You answered both question. 

Sue 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [tsvwg] draft-geib-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-02.txt - does BGP
need

Sue,

I didn't ask any of my internal BGP expert before sending: is eBGP
terminated by an AS border router? If that's a yes in all cases, Cs6 for
eBGP isn't an issue. If eBGP traffic is transmitted within an AS, then
mapping of classes is an issue. I'm not a routing expert.

Regards,

Rüdiger

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [tsvwg] draft-geib-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-02.txt - does BGP need

Sue Hares