Subject: [tsvwg] Reviewers pls: draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02.txt

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:48:52 +0000

tsvwg folks,

"Guidelines for Adding Congestion Notification to Protocols that 
Encapsulate IP"

This draft has been improved with the help of new co-authors:
- John Kaippallimalil, who is working in 3GPP on using ECN in GTP tunnels
- Pat Thaler, who has been adding congestion notification to IEEE 802 networks

We are seeking volunteers to review, who have expertise in tunnelling 
technologies and in the interaction between IP & L2 technologies.

We will also be seeking adoption of this draft onto the tsvwg w-g 
charter of work.

Draft:
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02>
Links to other formats and the abstract in the announcement below.

Brief slides that will be presented in tsvwg at Orlando:
<http://www.bobbriscoe.net/presents/1303ietf/1303ecn-encap-guidelines.pdf>

Cheers

Bob

>From: <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>CC: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
>Subject: New Version Notification for
>         draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02.txt
>Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:01:27 -0800
>
>
>A new version of I-D, draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Bob Briscoe and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:       draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines
>Revision:       02
>Title:          Guidelines for Adding Congestion Notification to 
>Protocols that Encapsulate IP
>Creation date:  2013-02-24
>Group:          Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 27
>URL: 
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02.txt
>Status: 
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines
>Htmlized: 
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02
>Diff: 
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-briscoe-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-02
>
>Abstract:
>    The purpose of this document is to guide the design of congestion
>    notification in any lower layer or tunnelling protocol that
>    encapsulates IP.  The aim is for explicit congestion signals to
>    propagate consistently from lower layer protocols into IP.  Then the
>    IP internetwork layer can act as a portability layer to carry
>    congestion notification from non-IP-aware congested nodes up to the
>    transport layer (L4).  Following these guidelines should assure
>    interworking between new lower layer congestion notification
>    mechanisms, whether specified by the IETF or other standards bodies.
>
> 
>
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                                  BT