Subject: [tsvwg] RFC 7053 on SACK-IMMEDIATELY Extension for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:24:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7053

        Title:      SACK-IMMEDIATELY Extension for the Stream 
                    Control Transmission Protocol 
        Author:     M. Tuexen, I. Ruengeler,
                    R. Stewart
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15773
        Updates:    RFC4960

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7053.txt

This document updates RFC 4960 by defining a method for the sender of
a DATA chunk to indicate that the corresponding Selective
Acknowledgment (SACK) chunk should be sent back immediately and
should not be delayed.  It is done by specifying a bit in the DATA
chunk header, called the (I)mmediate bit, which can get set by either
the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) implementation or the
application using an SCTP stack.  Since unknown flags in chunk
headers are ignored by SCTP implementations, this extension does not
introduce any interoperability problems.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC