Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:23:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Generic UDP Encapsulation for IP Tunneling
        Authors         : Edward Crabbe
                          Lucy Yong
                          Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
   This document describes a method of encapsulating arbitrary
   protocols within GRE and UDP headers.  In this encapsulation, the
   source UDP port may be used as an entropy field for purposes of load
   balancing while the payload protocol may be identified by the GRE
   Protocol Type.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:54:19 -0800

FWIW, Section 3 of this document should provide a more complete 
description of IPv4 header generation at the tunnel ingress, notably 
addressing ID generation as per RFC6864.

There may be others issues in header processing; the current description 
seems more informal than I would expect from a protocol specification.

Joe

---

From: Lucy yong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:41:20 +0000

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much for the following comment. We will expand description in next version. Your advice is highly appreciated.

Regard,
Lucy

-----Original Message-----
From: tsvwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Joe Touch
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 5:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-01.txt

FWIW, Section 3 of this document should provide a more complete description of IPv4 header generation at the tunnel ingress, notably addressing ID generation as per RFC6864.

There may be others issues in header processing; the current description seems more informal than I would expect from a protocol specification.

Joe

On 2/13/2014 10:23 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>