Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 10:55:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DTLS Encapsulation of SCTP Packets
        Authors         : Michael Tuexen
                          Randall R. Stewart
                          Randell Jesup
                          Salvatore Loreto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a transport
   protocol originally defined to run on top of the network protocols
   IPv4 or IPv6.  This document specifies how SCTP can be used on top of
   the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  Using the
   encapsulation method described in this document, SCTP is agnostic
   about the protocols being used below DTLS, explicit IP addresses can
   not be used in the SCTP control chunks.  As a consequence, the SCTP
   associations are single homed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 14:16:02 +0200

On 04 Jul 2014, at 19:55, [email-masked] wrote:

Dear WG,

I just wanted to let you know that this version contain changes based feedback
from the WG chairs and Eric Rescorla regarding DTLS.

Eric pointed out that WebRTC at the time of the review only supported DTLS 1.0,
whereas the previous version of the documents required DTLS 1.2 or higher.
We agreed on using DTLS in a consistent way is important. So I brought the
issue up at the rtcweb mailing list and changed the version in the document
to 1.0. However, the discussion on the rtcweb mailing is ongoing and we might
need another revision to get the DTLS version synced. The current state is
to require support for DTLS 1.0 and DTSL 1.2.

Best regards
Michael