Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:51:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Stream Schedulers and a New Data Chunk for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol
        Authors         : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Robin Seggelmann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a message oriented
   transport protocol supporting arbitrary large user messages.
   However, the sender can not interleave different user messages which
   causes head of line blocking at the sender side.  To overcome this
   limitation, this document adds a new data chunk to SCTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Karen E. Egede Nielsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:00:06 +0200

HI,

I have read this draft version. I think that the draft still requires more
work.
Most importantly:

 I think that the stream scheduling functions proposed need to be described
in the core parts of
the document. Right now they are only described in the socket api
consideration part off the document.
Furthermore I think that the draft should single out the subset of stream
scheduling policies that an implementation following
this work must support and the subset that it could support.

I think that the title of the document (as well as the abstract) should be
altered to better reflect that this document does not
only define a new data chunk format to amend some issues with head of line
blocking by large messages,
but indeed prescribes for more general head-of-line controlling functions
such as the stream scheduling functions.

A number of the detailed comments given to a previous version of this draft
still applies as far as I can see.
Please refer to
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tsvwg/current/msg12303.html.

BR, Karen

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tsvwg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 4. juli 2014 22:52
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-01.txt
>
>
>         Title           : Stream Schedulers and a New Data Chunk for the
> Stream
> Control Transmission Protocol