Subject: [tsvwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-sprecher-mobile-tg-exposure-req-arch-01.txt

From: "Sprecher, Nurit (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:47:35 +0000

Dear all,

Please be aware of the new I-D we have submitted on "Requirements and reference architecture for Mobile Throughput Guidance Exposure".
The draft proposes principles for a mobile throughput guidance exposure mechanism that can be used  to assist TCP in cellular networks, and help to ensure better network  efficiency and enhanced service delivery performance.
The draft presents the problems that the rapidly-varying conditions in a cellular network can cause to the TCP behavior and to the application performance.
The draft specifies the requirements and reference architecture for the mechanism.

While the proposed mechanism can be used to optimize any content delivery application, the draft describes its applicability to video delivery optimization in mobile networks.

Your review and comments will be much appreciated. Comments can be sent on the tsvwg list or directly to the authors.

Best regards,

Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 3:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-sprecher-mobile-tg-exposure-req-arch-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements and reference architecture for Mobile Throughput Guidance Exposure

        Authors         : Ankur Jain

                          Andreas Terzis

                          Nurit Sprecher

                          Swaminathan Arunachalam

                          Kevin Smith

                          Guenter Klas

      Filename        : draft-sprecher-mobile-tg-exposure-req-arch-01.txt

      Pages           : 12

      Date            : 2015-02-20

Abstract:

   Rapidly-varying conditions in a cellular network can cause problems

   for the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), which in turn can

   degrade application performance.

   This document presents the problem statement and proposes solution

   principles.  It specifies the requirements and reference architecture

   for a mobile throughput guidance exposure mechanism that can be used

  to assist TCP in cellular networks, ensuring better network

   efficiency and enhanced service delivery performance.

   The proposed mechanism can be applied to any content or TCP/IP based

   application content delivery.  This document describes the

   applicability of the mechanism for Intelligent Video Acceleration

   over cellular networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sprecher-mobile-tg-exposure-req-arch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sprecher-mobile-tg-exposure-req-arch-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sprecher-mobile-tg-exposure-req-arch-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission

until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________

I-D-Announce mailing list

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt