Subject: [tsvwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3168 (4302)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3168,
"The Addition of Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) to IP".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3168&eid=4302

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Greg Skinner <[email-masked]>

Section: ToC

Original Text
-------------
6.1.1.2.  Robust TCP Initialization with an Echoed Reserved
Field. 17

19.3.  Non-ECN-Based Methods of Subverting End-to-end
Congestion Control....................................................
<a href="#page-54">54</a>

Corrected Text
--------------
<a href="#section-6.1.1.2">6.1.1.2</a>.  Robust TCP Initialization
with an Echoed Reserved Field. <a href="#page-17">17</a>

<a href="#section-19.3">19.3</a>.  Non-ECN-Based Methods of
Subverting End-to-end Congestion
Control....................................................
<a href="#page-54">54</a>

Notes
-----
The errors actually occurred in the Table of Contents (ToC) section,
so I hope the Section: field in this form takes that value.  The links
to sections 6.1.1.2 and 19.3 were never generated in the ToC.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3168 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-04)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The Addition of Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) to IP
Publication Date    : September 2001
Author(s)           : K. Ramakrishnan, S. Floyd, D. Black
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:36:03 +0000

This appears to be a formatting problem with the IETF Datatracker's
generation of the HTML version of RFC 3168.  It does not affect the
official normative published TXT version of RFC 3168 at either the
IETF or the RFC Editor sites.

As such, I would suggest that the Errata be rejected, and a request
or bug report submitted against the Datatracker to see whether this
formatting problem can be fixed; the following link may be helpful:

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/newticket

Thanks,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: RFC Errata System [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2015 8:47 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Black, David;
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> Black, David
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3168 (4302)
>

---

From: Greg Skinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:22:43 +0000

Fair enough.  However, for future reference, perhaps the RFC Errata
documentation should direct the submitter to the Datatracker site for
such a situation.

For what it's worth, I tried to submit a ticket, and got two errors.
Apparently, one must be logged in (so must have an account, at least),
to submit such a ticket.  The second error was "TICKET_CREATE
privileges are required to perform this operation."

Greg

---

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:05:29 -0700

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the suggestion.  The RFC Editor is discussing ways the
errata system can be improved and we will take your suggestion into
consideration.  

Thank you,
RFC Editor/sg

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:55:40 +0000

I've forwarded the original errata report to the IETF tools team and
asked them to treat it as a bug report.

Thanks,
--David

> From: Greg Skinner [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 2:23 PM
> To: Black, David
> Cc: RFC Errata System; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3168 (4302)
> 
> > > Title               : The Addition of Explicit Congestion Notification
> (ECN)
> > > to IP