Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:08:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations on Using Assigned Transport Port Numbers
        Author          : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-09.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2015-03-23

Abstract:
   This document provides recommendations to application and service
   protocol designers on how to use the assigned transport protocol
   port number space and when to request a port assignment from IANA.
   It provides designer guidelines on how to interact with the IANA
   processes defined in RFC6335, thus serving to complement (but not
   update) that document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:30:25 -0700

Hi, all,

This is another update based on IESG feedback.

Key changes since 07:

	- title, abstract, intro changed for clarified focus
	- minor tweaks throughout for clarification

	- Sec 7.4 and 8 substantially revised based on IESG review

Joe