Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 04:05:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : SCTP-PF: Quick Failover Algorithm in SCTP
        Authors         : Yoshifumi Nishida
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Armando Caro
                          Paul D. Amer
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-12-09

Abstract:
   SCTP supports multi-homing.  However, when the failover operation
   specified in RFC4960 is followed, there can be significant delay and
   performance degradation in the data transfer path failover.  To
   overcome this problem this document specifies a quick failover
   algorithm (SCTP-PF) based on the introduction of a Potentially Failed
   (PF) state in SCTP Path Management.

   The document also specifies a dormant state operation of SCTP.  This
   dormant state operation is required to be followed by an SCTP-PF
   implementation, but it may equally well be applied by a standard
   RFC4960 SCTP implementation.

   Additionally, the document introduces an alternative switchback
   operation mode called Primary Path Switchover that will be beneficial
   in certain situations.  This mode of operation applies to both a
   standard RFC4960 SCTP implementation as well as to a SCTP-PF
   implementation.

   The procedures defined in the document require only minimal
   modifications to the RFC4960 specification.  The procedures are
   sender-side only and do not impact the SCTP receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/