Subject: [tsvwg] WGLC status: Circuit Breaker and NAT Behavior Update drafts

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 02:10:57 +0000

We've had two Working Group Last Calls end recently.  I have good news and
not-so-good news ...

-----

I'll start with the good news:

(1) 

                   Network Transport Circuit Breakers
                  draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-10

This confirmatory WG Last Call has concluded with no comments - the draft is
now back in our AD's hands to take forward to IETF Last Call and the IESG.

-----

And now, for the not-so-good news:

(2)   Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral Requirements Updates
             draft-ietf-tsvwg-behave-requirements-update-05

The WGLC is over with no comments, and the draft is in good shape, but ...
... an IPR Disclosure was discovered late in the process (due to a missing
updated-by relationship in the datatracker - with that relationship in place,
the IPR Disclosure is now shown as being on a related draft):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?submit=draft&id=draft-ietf-tsvwg-behave-requirements-update
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1917/

It will be necessary to run an additional WGLC on this draft in January for
this reason.

For those who would like to avoid delays like this in the future, I have
a couple of suggestions for authors (both are strongly RECOMMENDED):

	- Check that the datatracker replaced-by links are put in place
		when a draft is adopted by a WG.  The missing link for this
		draft was not at all obvious because the draft name changed
		dramatically when it was initially adopted by another WG.
		(I've just gone and added a bunch of missing updated-by
		 links for current tsvwg drafts).

	- Don't wait until the last minute to tell your WG chairs that you
		have potential IPR wrt your own draft.  If anyone doesn't
		understand why, the appropriate next step is to talk to an
		IPR lawyer; please do not respond to this topic on the list.

Thanks,
--David (tsvwg WG chair)
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:43:18 -0000

Following the conclusion of WGLC, I've just posted a new version
draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker.

rev-11 addresses the only comment that I recall that needed action. We
discussed the possibility of replacing /persistent congestion/ with
/persistent excessive  congestion/ - I have no objections to this change
at all, and think it removes some ambiguity, and this updated text is
therefore included in this latest revision.

Best wishes,

Gorry
(as document editor)