Subject: [tsvwg] Mirja Kühlewind's Yes on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos-16: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 08:20:09 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos-16: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A very-well written document! Thanks for all the work!

One question: the doc says:
"This specification [...] does not change any advice or requirements in
other
   IETF RFCs.  The contents of this specification are intended to be a
   simple set of implementation recommendations based on the previous
   RFCs."
This sounds like an information doc for me. However, I'm okay with
standards track as this should be consistently applied by WebRTC
browsers. Just wondering if this was discussed (because it also reads
like this change in scope was applied in a later phase of the live-time
of this doc)?

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 10:40:31 -0700

> On May 17, 2016, at 8:20 AM, Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

The recommendations in this document are normatively referenced from the rtcweb transports document, so I think it should stay standards track.

Alissa

---

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:46:56 +0200

Okay.

> Am 17.05.2016 um 19:40 schrieb Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>:
> 
>

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 03:15:40 +0000

Mirja,

>A very-well written document! Thanks for all the work!

Thanks. That is the product of a number of helping hands to get 
intentions expressed properly.

>like this change in scope was applied in a later phase of the live-time

The values prescribed have been around for a long time in informational 
documents.  However, it was exactly as you interpret it: we want to be 
able to put something concrete in place for web browsers to ensure 
consistent behavior.

Paul