Subject: [tsvwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-16.txt> (GRE-in-UDP Encapsulation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:47:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'GRE-in-UDP Encapsulation'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note that this Last Call for a working group document has been 
extended to accommodate IETF 96 and travel time afterwards.

Abstract

   This document specifies a method of encapsulating network protocol
   packet within GRE and UDP headers. This GRE-in-UDP encapsulation
   allows the UDP source port field to be used as an entropy field.
   This may be used for load balancing of GRE traffic in transit
   networks using existing ECMP mechanisms. This document also
   specifies GRE-in-UDP tunnel requirements for two applicability
   scenarios: (1) general Internet; (2) a traffic-managed controlled
   environment. The controlled environment has less restrictive
   requirements than the general Internet.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.