Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 13:26:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) Experimentation
        Author          : David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-03-08

Abstract:
   Multiple protocol experiments have been proposed that involve changes
   to Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) as specified in RFC 3168.
   This memo summarizes the proposed areas of experimentation to provide
   an overview to the Internet community and updates RFC 3168, a
   Proposed Standard RFC, to allow the experiments to proceed without
   requiring a standards process exception for each Experimental RFC to
   update RFC 3168.  Each experiment is still required to be documented
   in an Experimental RFC.  In addition, this memo makes related updates
   to the ECN specifications for RTP in RFC 6679 and to the ECN
   specifications for DCCP in RFC 4341, RFC 4342 and RFC 5622.  This
   memo also records the conclusion of the ECN Nonce experiment in RFC
   3540, obsoletes RFC 3540 and reclassifies it as Historic to enable
   new experimental use of the ECT(1) codepoint.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 21:29:53 +0000

This minor -01 update adds a sentence on the possibility of DCTCP experimentation along with a reference to the DCTCP draft  Credit and thanks to Karen Nielsen for suggesting this addition.  This draft is likely to be headed for Working Group Last Call not too long after Chicago, so now might be a good time to put it on your reading list ;-).

Thanks, --David (as draft author)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:26 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-01.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt