Subject: [tsvwg] RFC 8086 on GRE-in-UDP Encapsulation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 14:18:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8086

        Title:      GRE-in-UDP Encapsulation 
        Author:     L. Yong, Ed.,
                    E. Crabbe, 
                    X. Xu,
                    T. Herbert
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 58743
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-gre-in-udp-encap-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8086

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8086

This document specifies a method of encapsulating network protocol
packets within GRE and UDP headers.  This GRE-in-UDP encapsulation
allows the UDP source port field to be used as an entropy field.
This may be used for load-balancing of GRE traffic in transit
networks using existing Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP) mechanisms.
There are two applicability scenarios for GRE-in-UDP with different
requirements: (1) general Internet and (2) a traffic-managed
controlled environment.  The controlled environment has less
restrictive requirements than the general Internet.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC