Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 05:41:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DualQ Coupled AQM for Low Latency, Low Loss and Scalable Throughput
        Authors         : Koen De Schepper
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Olga Bondarenko
                          Ing-jyh Tsang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2017-05-10

Abstract:
   Data Centre TCP (DCTCP) was designed to provide predictably low
   queuing latency, near-zero loss, and throughput scalability using
   explicit congestion notification (ECN) and an extremely simple
   marking behaviour on switches.  However, DCTCP does not co-exist with
   existing TCP traffic---throughput starves.  So, until now, DCTCP
   could only be deployed where a clean-slate environment could be
   arranged, such as in private data centres.  This specification
   defines `DualQ Coupled Active Queue Management (AQM)' to allow
   scalable congestion controls like DCTCP to safely co-exist with
   classic Internet traffic.  The Coupled AQM ensures that a flow runs
   at about the same rate whether it uses DCTCP or TCP Reno/Cubic, but
   without inspecting transport layer flow identifiers.  When tested in
   a residential broadband setting, DCTCP achieved sub-millisecond
   average queuing delay and zero congestion loss under a wide range of
   mixes of DCTCP and `Classic' broadband Internet traffic, without
   compromising the performance of the Classic traffic.  The solution
   also reduces network complexity and eliminates network configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/