Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 00:56:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework Extension to Sliding Window Codes
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Ali Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   RFC 6363 describes a framework for using Forward Error Correction
   (FEC) codes with applications in public and private IP networks to
   provide protection against packet loss.  The framework supports
   applying FEC to arbitrary packet flows over unreliable transport and
   is primarily intended for real-time, or streaming, media.  However
   FECFRAME as per RFC 6363 is restricted to block FEC codes.  The
   present document extends FECFRAME to support FEC Codes based on a
   sliding encoding window, in addition to Block FEC Codes, in a
   backward compatible way.  During multicast/broadcast real-time
   content delivery, the use of sliding window codes significantly
   improves robustness in harsh environments, with less repair traffic
   and lower FEC-related added latency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/