Subject: [tsvwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-07.txt> (Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 06:49:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document: - 'Sliding Window Random Linear
Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction
   (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes two fully-specified Forward Erasure
   Correction (FEC) Schemes for Sliding Window Random Linear Codes
   (RLC), one for RLC over the Galois Field (A.K.A.  Finite Field)
   GF(2), a second one for RLC over the Galois Field GF(2^^8), each time
   with the possibility of controlling the code density.  They can
   protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by FECFRAME
   extended to sliding window FEC codes, as defined in [fecframe-ext].
   These sliding window FEC codes rely on an encoding window that slides
   over the source symbols, generating new repair symbols whenever
   needed.  Compared to block FEC codes, these sliding window FEC codes
   offer key advantages with real-time flows in terms of reduced FEC-
   related latency while often providing improved packet erasure
   recovery capabilities.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.