Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 05:34:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework Extension to Sliding Window Codes
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Ali Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-09-19

Abstract:
   RFC 6363 describes a framework for using Forward Error Correction
   (FEC) codes to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
   supports applying FEC to arbitrary packet flows over unreliable
   transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or streaming,
   media.  However FECFRAME as per RFC 6363 is restricted to block FEC
   codes.  The present document updates FECFRAME to support FEC Codes
   based on a sliding encoding window, in addition to Block FEC Codes,
   in a backward compatible way.  During multicast/broadcast real-time
   content delivery, the use of sliding window codes significantly
   improves robustness in harsh environments, with less repair traffic
   and lower FEC-related added latency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/