Subject: [tsvwg] Comments on draft-briscoe-l4s-diffserv

From: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 14:59:49 +0100

Hi Bob,

Sec. 1.1:

Would DCQCN qualify as a 2nd example of a L4s type congestion control - 
although it is not under IETF change control? At least from the high 
level description it does keep referencing DCTCP and QCN as design 
inspirations, and works in conjunction with an AQM doing all-or-nothing 
marking above a certain threshold...

Sec. 2.2:

May be more prudent to mention "explicit bandwidth allocation". Within 
each queue, the L4S CC does perform "fair" allocation of available 
bandwidth (which may be restricted due to DiffServ).

Table 1 - the formatting/style of the text initially below the table may 
better be put as the 1st para behind the "notes" for better formatting...

Sec. 7.2.2

s/single stage over all 8 octets of the/single stage over all 8 bits of the/

Best regards,
   Richard