Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 03:13:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Belkacem Teibi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-12.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2019-02-11

Abstract:
   This document describes two fully-specified Forward Erasure
   Correction (FEC) Schemes for Sliding Window Random Linear Codes
   (RLC), one for RLC over the Galois Field (A.K.A.  Finite Field)
   GF(2), a second one for RLC over the Galois Field GF(2^^8), each time
   with the possibility of controlling the code density.  They can
   protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by FECFRAME
   extended to sliding window FEC codes, as defined in [fecframe-ext].
   These sliding window FEC codes rely on an encoding window that slides
   over the source symbols, generating new repair symbols whenever
   needed.  Compared to block FEC codes, these sliding window FEC codes
   offer key advantages with real-time flows in terms of reduced FEC-
   related latency while often providing improved packet erasure
   recovery capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/