Subject: [tsvwg] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC7605 (5592)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 01:36:28 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC7605, "Recommendations on Using Assigned Transport Port Numbers". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5592

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: C. M. Heard <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2019-01-05
Held by: Mirja Kühlewind (IESG)

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
                                      [RFC1340] also establishes the
   Registered range of 1024-59151, though it notes that it is not
   controlled by the IANA (at that point). 

Corrected Text
--------------
                                      [RFC1340] first indicated the
   Registered range of 1024-65535. This noted that the range was only
   recorded (rather than controlled) by IANA. The list provided by
   [RFC1700] in 1994 remained the standard, until replaced by an
   online version in 2002 [RFC3232].  At some time after 1994, but
   before 2000, the Registered range was changed to 1024-49151 and the
   Dynamic/Private range of 49152-65535 was established, although this
   change was not recorded in the RFC series until 2011 [RFC6335].

Notes
-----
There is an editorial issue as the original text indicated the wrong range with respect to RFC1340. However, the range should not just be updated in the text as there is more history that needs clarification.

--------------------------------------
RFC7605 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-use-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Recommendations on Using Assigned Transport Port Numbers
Publication Date    : August 2015
Author(s)           : J. Touch
Category            : BEST CURRENT PRACTICE
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG